How to gain back self respect and sanity after being cheated on?

The love of my life has been cheating on me. First she cheated on me, then she cheated on another guy she was with, with me. I love her so much, but i have to move on. I've completely changed as a person after this. Knowing that someone you love couldnt give a damn and just cheat on you? I killed me. My self respect has hit an all time low.

I constantly ask the question to myself. "Why get into a relationship, when i have to worry about this happening again?" Why even bother? I wish there was "the one" for me, but its just not believable to me anymore..

I feel pathetic..
The guy she cheated on with me, is her ex boyfriend of 3 years, but they are back together to this day.
Is there something i could have done? Was i too boring or bad at sex or something? Like wtf.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you cut all contact with her? Please do, or there's no way you can possible fully move on.

• I have. But now that she's with him again, even after she cheated on him with me, still makes me feel like shit, and i find myself checking her instagram. I have her blocked too, but it still can find her. Which is stupid.

• I wish i was like that.. I can't use women like that.

• Yeah I was kidding.

What Girls Said 3

• There is "the one" out there for you, it'll just take a little time. Maybe try dating again, or at least talking to a girl. You seem like a nice guy, you just have to find a nice girl to go with it.

• How do i believe that?

• Its hard when someone takes advantage of you like that. I just dont know how i could get myself back to where i was. I want to be happy again, but i can't if i know she's out having fun and moving on with that douche bag that she cheated on with me. lol. Yet he still goes back?

• Don't think about her, just think about the fact that someday you will find the most magnificent girl, and she will be everything you need. But if you aren't over this girl, you might miss her. She will probably be the girl you will spend the rest of your life with, and be happy with. But you need to move on to find her.

• I don't know but if you find a way, please let me know. My ex cheated on me too. I loved him so much. Of course I still love him, but I just can't deal with that.
    People have told me to just forgive him cuz too many people are cheaters nowadays. But it hurts to be in love with someone and be committed and faithful and them not doing the same.
    I've only had two boyfriends and they both cheated on me. I never cheated on either of them.

It sucks. It really does. But I guess time heals. I don't know. I'd still rather be single.

• You need to just be surrounded by friends that care about you before you start dating again

What Guys Said 3

• well if you have a gf you might as well expect her to cheat on you eventually

• Do things that make you happy. That's my remedy for heart break, eat ice cream and play video games, go on a vacation with friends. It's not your fault unless you can name something clearlir. She already had feelings for sun1 else

• You get your self respect back by knowing you weren't the one who cheated.