Do you think long distance can work?

The question is pretty self explanatory and I'd love to know what y'all thought as I'm pretty curious. After you poll, it'd be great if you can say what answer you chose and why you chose it.
Thanks babes!

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (Explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband and were long distance for 11 months (not all consecutive), and it was hard at times, and very lonely, but the joy and love I felt for him when I got him back in my arms was always worth the wait. Thanks to the army we'll be long distance again here and there, I'm not looking forward to it, but I know we'll always make it through it.

• This brought me to tears... I'm moving 7 hours away from where I live now and I have a boyfriend and we won't be able to see each other for months at a time. This gave me so much hope <3

• We were long distance for a month, then had 2 months together, then he left for 4 months (two which we could not write letters), he came home for 2 weeks and left for another 4 months, spent 2 weeks together, and then he left for another 2 months. Now we've been living together again for over 8 months.

• 2 months where we could only write letters*

What Guys Said 5

• Honestly
    no

I don't think it can work for the sheer fact sometimes ya just need to hug someone, not have em say anything, but just be there
    In a long distance relationship, 90% of all contact will be via phone or Skype or some other technology basis... and it can be awesome!
    but the bad times hit harder as ya can't just kiss and make up so easily.

• The bad times point is a point I've thought of most of the time as well when I think LDR's can't work

• Yeah, I was in one for a while... and after a few months.. We both just sat and said it wasn't enough
      they can "work" for ages.. but will never compare.

But saying that, they can work if they ain't a permanent fixture... say ya in a relationship and one or both sides will be closer to the other... then it can be an ok path

• Yes it can work. I always wanted a long distance relationship with a girl from a different country. It needs so much effort and love by the way. Not everyone can make it work.

• Theoreticaly yes but without facetoface it is to difficult. You need to know and both understand how to do it propper. You are welcome babe. Are you looking for friend abroad?

• I'm always up for friends haha

• How do you look on guys who look for curtain type of girls, like nationality or eye color? What is moust important characteristics about friends, for you?

• That they aren't assholes mainly. And I don't care, everyone has a preference

• It's obviously worked for some people so yes.

• It could work but maybe not as efficiently as a short distance

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's possible, but very hard to make it work.