Why are the men on online dating sites so old?

I made a post online and not a single guy under the age of 35 replied. I would prefer a guy who is 29 - 31 years old. I do not want any older than that. The first question I ask when I see a 35 year old on a dating site is - how many times have you been divorced? how many children do you have?

Most Helpful Guy

• are you sure you have set it up right? in most dating sites you can control, who can see you and contact you. there are young ones on there too.

its a similar problem for guys ^^ there are only 3 kinds of girls on dating sites

1 too young
    2 fat/ugly
    3 mother

it´s really a pain :/

What Guys Said 11

• Do yourself a favor and get off the dating sites. As much as you would like to believe they do, they do not have your best interest at heart and it’s all about them keeping you on there as long as they can to get as much money out of you as they can. It’s all a scam that takes advantage of people that are lonely and desperate, not to mention that it’s mostly married, broken and creepy people that are on there. Most profiles are not even active on these sites. Try and se eit for what it is

• Some discernment is necessary. Many sites are full of scammers, junk email solicitations, and the like. But some sites are reputable.

• I think the reason is self-explanatory.

• As an oldster let me explain this: The older you get, the more advantageous in terms of dating internet personals sites are:
    1. Bars and nightclubs become awfully lame as you get older.
    2. Time becomes more precious, and internet searching can be done around work or grad school, and sometimes even during work depending upon your internet connections.
    3. The point of the site is usually obvious, so there is no need to join activity groups or adult classes simply to meet ladies.

• what is the obvious meaning you are talking about?

• This is in contrast to the lame bar or nightclub scene. To quote sociologist Kay Hymnowitz:

(Today, for a single man in the dating scene) "The woman may be hoping for a hookup, but she may also be looking for a husband, a co-parent, a sperm donor, a relationship, a threesome, or a temporary place to live. She may want one thing in November and another by Christmas. “I’ve gone through phases in my life where I bounce between serial monogamy, Very Serious Relationships and extremely casual sex,” writes Megan Carpentier on Jezebel, a popular website for young women. “I’ve slept next to guys on the first date, had sex on the first date, allowed no more than a cheek kiss, dispensed with the date-concept altogether after kissing the guy on the way to his car, fucked a couple of close friends and, more rarely, slept with a guy I didn’t care if I ever saw again.” Okay, wonders the ordinary guy with only middling psychic powers, which is it tonight?"

• If you were to me those questions the answer would be zero to both. I suppose you could go around and breakup all the guys relationships in your age category and then look for them on the site of your preference given they didn't land another relationship before they got there.

• I have no kids and my last long term relationship (never been married) was 11 years, thank you very much.

• That's okay bc the 35 year old is often looking at woman older than 35... more mature and experienced. It seems to be the way these days.

So it works out great for them and for you.

• Hahaha well baby gal I'm the age range you are looking for (but it doesn't mean I am your type I am not being an idiot). But the funny thing is girls my age completely ignore me or have a few kids... so how should we solve this? x

• Well, you need to stress in your profile that your just looking for guys for certain age group.

• Often, its the mid life crisis that brings them there.

• If you are really 25+ and have no kids on a dating site you're like the 1%

• I'm 15 so yea well under 35

What Girls Said 3

• I am only going to say this... please, please, please don't discount divorced men. They are truly hidden gems in this world.

They have experienced heartaches, wonderful experiences, little to no training goes into shaping them (so to speak), they possibly have experience with children. This much I can say with certainty these are the men who will love you like no other, if it was meant to be.

• Probably because men that are usually closer to your age don't really want to settle down yet. That's probably why the ones you keep finding are older

• I've gotten a lot of messages from old people too, honestly it's pretty creepy. They're over twice or 3 times my age (18) and they expect me to reply... no thanks.

Honestly I guess it's because they're looking for younger people and online dating is a way to do that, but honestly, it's weird to me