How do you appropriately react to getting rejected?

How do you react to getting rejected by someone at school? Especially when there are a lot of people around. Do you just walk away? Does the person who rejected you just walk away? Did you reply by saying something like "I'm sorry you feel that way" and then walk away? Do you just continue to casually talk with the person who rejected you as if nothing had happened? Please tell me out of experience. In high school, how did you react to getting rejected?

• I walked away without another word
  • He/she walked away
  • Continued to talk to them causually
  • Replied briefly then walked away
  • Other (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just walk away
    Its simple
    Easy
    And you don't have to hide your pain

What Girls Said 1

• A guy that asked me out made a sad little smile and walked away. It worked well.

• And you stayed put? He didn't say anything? Did you consider it a weird reaction, or normal?

• He just nodded his head a little. I thought it was cute and liked him a bit in that moment, but I wasn't gonna go after him.

What Guys Said 3

• just wwalk away

this

• Just walk it off and pretend it didn't happen.

• So you don't reply with anything? Cuz it almost seems rude to just turn around and walk away.

• Yeah that's probably best to do. I was wondering about this because i wanted to be prepared I'm fase things didn't go as planned for when i ask out a girl i like... wish me luck! 😅

• @derpina92 Well that's just you derpina you seem like a polite person, if it was me i wouldn't say anything either way, there is something about being quite that confuse the other part, and i like to leave people confused, and no its nor rude if you leave quietly while smiling, its actually more polite and more respective to be parties, instead of going like "Oh, yeah okay thanks by the way you know we should hang out" and stretching the convo more than it should be.

• I am also very curious about what to do, have not been rejected yet.