Why don't guys think I'm attractive?

I'm in high school so I guess all guys want are the "hot blondes". I'm 5'10, have natural red hair, and I run cross country so I guess I have an athletic body type. Should I be worried that no one is interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm guessing if you run cross country you are fit and have a great body. As far as guys being interested or not, teenager is a tough time for guys and girls. I have a (female) friend that I've known since we were kids. She has always been very attractive. I was also fairly intimidated by her when we were teens. Smart, good looking, strong opinions. As adults, I found out that she was also self conscious about how she looked and scared and with low self esteem. So... guys were interested in her, no doubt. Guys were also having enough of their own self doubts to make it hard to approach her.

Bottom line, no, you shouldn't worry. Be yourself. Don't settle for anyone that doesn't value you and respect you as a person and treat you with dignity and respect. I'm sure that guy is out there.

What Guys Said 5

• You sound great. Don't worry about anything that happens in High School. Teenagers are horrible to each other. Study hard, keep learning everything you can, and grow to be an awesome, educated person, and you'll meet wonderful people along the way. Don't let society beat you down into self-doubt.

Also, I bet there are quite a few guys interested in you, just too scared to ask you out. High school guys are terrified of rejection and really self-conscious too.

• How do you know that no one is interested? Your red hair alone is turning a few heads-believe me. You're a taller than most guys are used to, so that may be unsettling for a few. But I promise you that someone on the XC team is extremely interested in you.

• I dont think that you should worry at all. If no one seems interested A: scared to talk or B: not one like likes you at the moment which is perfectly fine :)

• My current crush isn't a blonde, nor is she 'hot'.

• Might be your personality or they are too afraid to approach you.. Personally looks don't matter to me I'd date someone that fits a description like that

What Girls Said 1

• You sound perfect don't worry about it your in high school... I bet there's guy's that like you... and about the blonde thing yeah doesn't really change anything... lol