How to deal with extremely busy girlfriend? Is she avoiding me?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for 6 months now. But ever since she entered her last college semester, she's been extremely busy with homework, exams, school, and job search. Literally her busiest semester... At the same time she's been more awkward around me. At first we still text everyday and occasionally went out on dates, but that slowly decreased. I know she's busy and stressed out, but when we got together she wasn't very energetic or affectionate like before. About 2 weeks ago, I got concerned, so we had a talk to see what's up. She told me she was super stressed and has become unsure (about her feelings). We decided it would be a good idea to take some time-off, at my suggestion.

Our frequent texts have decreased during this period. She doesn't initiate texts anymore, but still responds to mine. I've cut down on texts so that I wouldn't bother her. Now we say 'hi' maybe 2-3 times a week by text. But we haven't seen each other since. She has two big exams this week.

I understand that she's extremely busy and all, but I am not sure if she's also losing interest in me. I've heard many say that I should cut all contact and see if she'll initiate any contact. But from her personality I know very well that she's not the type of person who would initiate conversations, especially when she was busy. She was like that a little last semester, but not this extreme.

I'm not sure how to approach her. I love her very much and would like her to be successful with everything. But at the same time, I can't help but think that she'll forget about me. She never said she wanted to break up, but the affection is gone...

What should I do? What is going on?
How should I go about asking her on dates?

Most Helpful Girl

• trust me i understand being busy, but ALWAYS no matter how busy the other person claims to be, if they are interested, they will alwayyys find some way to make time for you

• should i be more "aggressive" in this relationship? I feel like she's taken the back seat because I've also stopped asking to hang out... maybe there's some miscommunication?

• if she really wanted to break up, she would've done that long time ago right?

• remind her that you love her and do really special things for her spontaneously :)

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 1

• To be honest it seems she's loosing interest in you, if she loved you enough she would find time for you no matter how busy she is.