Every little thing my bf does reminds me of my ex?

Ok so last year I got dumped I was madly in love with him and he was my first love and I thought I moved on it's been a year for crying out loud... I just started dating this new guy who's amazing but he's has lot of similarities as my ex he like the samething as my ex did and I don't know why it takes my mind to my ex.
I just want to forget my ex completely but it's like he haunts me whenever I go out with a new guy :( I just want to move onnnnnn but how do I do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they are completely different people, as you say, then any similarity that you link to your ex is taking place in your mind. Although, it can be inferred that you have a particular criteria to any man you will accept a chance to have a relationship with. So you must accept that both of them will bathe, maybe you're into nerds so your new bf is also into real-time strategy games, maybe being vegetarian is a deal breaker so your new bf likes bacon just like your ex, and so on. But one of the best things about an intimate relationship is that you have the chance to get past all of the superficial barriers everyday people will put between them. You said that you just started dating this fellow. Open his heart and you will find that stark contrast to withdraw this misplaced nostalgia of yours. At the same time, it's important to know why a rejection to love took place. Understand this of your past relationship, the circumstances of which, make preemptive adjustments to your game, and open your heart to the unfamiliar.

• Thank you this helped 😊😊

What Guys Said 2

• your s/o will always have qualities that remind you of an ex. some will have more than others

• only time... sorry.

What Girls Said 2

• It's normal! As long as you're not obsessing over your ex.. you have to accept that the relationship is over. But of course you'll always have a soft spot for your ex! Time will heal, I promise :)

• Thank you ❤️❤️❤️

• Well if you liked your ex for his personality at least you can date this guy with all these traits that you already love