Girl has boyfriend and we got close. How do I proceed in this situation?

So I fell for a girl with a boyfriend. We got close because we connected so well. I realize now she is in a committed relationship and she will not go for me romantically.

I know she is looking for friendship and support. Believe me I want to provide that for her, but i already have developed feelings for her. Should I sit down and talk to her about this?

I think I might just break off all contact. Am I wrong to do that so I don't get hurt anymore? I feel bad about doing this. Im so torn.

Updates:
I would like some feedback from girls as well

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• yes. break ties.

0|0
    0|0
    • I guess its my feelings talking when I say I feel so bad doing this.

• Show All
    • Do you think i should sit down with her and tell her how i feel and that for her best interest and mine, I'm backing off?

• I wouldn't if you have a class or work with her or anything where you're forced to see her again unless you're prepared to possibly deal with the boyfriend and extreme awkwardness.

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• don't talk to her about it just be a good friend and if her relationship goes south you can be there. if you don't try to move on you'll never move on

0|0
    0|0
    • Wouldn't she just friend zone me? meaning that if she did break up, i wouldn't be the one she was romantically interested in

What Guys Said 1

• Just fade away quietly.

Get over her, then you can be friend with her , just friend, for real this time.

No it not wrong to break all contact, if you want. Your feeling come first. Her feeling are second.

0|0
    0|0