Am I the only one who thinks the general population of GAG is way to thin skinned and petty? take the truth or dont ask!! ?

its a huge sign of immaturity in my opinion... and why is it hard to understand comfort via lies won't push you to solve the issue? if you're fat you're fat, if you're wrong, you're wrong, no number of comforters will change that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that people are way too thin skinned in general. When most people ask for opinions, they're really asking for praise. They're all too willing to state their thoughts but the second that someone disagrees with them, they become confrontational and argumentative. When they're losing an argument, they become defensive and hostile and resort to personal attacks. Most people can't handle being challenged or stepping outside of their comfort zones, because they're pretentious and complacent. I believe that if your beliefs can't stand up to criticism, then they're not worth having. If you're not even capable of defending your position how are you ever going to grow as person? We're stuck in a loop of infinite regression and we try to enforce concepts like political correctness and take offense to everything using the herd mentality to silence challenge and reinforce our own insecurities. I get down voted on here all the time, because I say what has to be said. Most of the people that down vote me don't even make an attempt to explain themselves and that kind of reinforces my point about the herd mentality. The ones that do try to argue, eventually just resort to using caps and telling me to "leave them alone" and saying that they "don't care" when they realize that they're wrong. I'm not going to tiptoe around anyone else's selfish insecurities, because I refuse to be a victim of complacency.

What Girls Said 8

• hmm. id agree that many get offended and need to be able to handle situations better, but there are also many trolls on here who provoke that kinda behaviour in people, so id say it's more of a reaction than anything. the truth can be delivered in a nice way that still doesn't insult someone.
    it's still truth, but rather than being offensive, it's worded as positive criticism.

• This is most people, in general. Not just GaGers.

• not in my environment...

i feel the real people in my school and friends are not like this at all... perhaps internet social sites tend to attract a certain group of people...

• There's lots of people with the name Steve, don't worry.

• i dont mind really. if you're a serial killer that likes to kill Asian men, ud be miles before you track me down lmao jkjk

• It's just the internet in general. If a fat person asks "am I fat" and someone actually spares them the truth then it's the end of the world. However usually the people asking about their looks just want reassurance and attention. They are never really looking for the truth

• i m the world ender XD

"theyre never really looking for the truth" the mind is a very decietful thing. follow your heart is a flawed advice in a lot of contexts. and people tend to follow the desires of their hearts over logic fully knowing the consequences. anyway i genuinely see how harmful taking away reality is to people. its a sweet death in a way

• well everyone has insecurities, but i will agree on some level some people seem like they're fishing for compliments, or attention in their posts, but that just comes from insecurity, again.

• Are you honestly surprised?

• yeah well just in general people want you tell to them what they want to hear

• I agree, but some people are too harsh. Say the truth and move on

• That's most people on the internet and in real life. They're just fishing for compliments.

What Guys Said 7

• Not everyone but there ARE such people. That's why I asked it couple of days ago.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1360379-is-this-the-purpose-of-using-gag

• That's the whole internet.

The lack of tone and body language on the internet makes communication really, really difficult. It's hard to tell what other people mean just by what they say. And since the internet is also a haven for people with low self-esteem, who have cloistered themselves away from society, many people are more willing to believe an insult than a compliment.

So a lot of people sugar up their opinions so it's clear they're meant to sound nice. Since most of the people making questions like "am I good looking" want someone else's approval and validation, human pity leads us to sugarcoat the truth.

• "the lack of tone and body language" you have great understanding dude.

you're going to places.

• " if you're fat you're fat" <---- yeah... and some people consinder "fat" anyone above BMI 20... what's your opinion about them?

• my opinion is that they educated themselves and upgrade their general standard knowledge on bmi and life in general. lol this shit isn't subjective.

its 25 percent and over for males to be obese and 30 percent for women. take away 5 percent from each, you're looking at the obesity mark.

• sorry, overweight mark*** not obesity. starts at 20 for men and 25 for women

• Yes, there are a bunch of sheltered, inexperienced users who believes life's just rainbows and unicorns.

• People in real life are thin skinned haven't you met anyone crazy in real life? I have seen plenty of people over reacting calling the cops on someone when they didn't even break the law or for a petty crime.

• Well sometimes there is no wrong or right opinions.

• not talking about those. there a clear boundaries people cross thats an obvious breach for example they just won't accept it... and if people give me their height and weight, ill use a real standarized system to let them know if theyre obese or overweight, they won't accept it...

i get what you're saying that sometimes its subjective and its all about opinonis but i m talking about objective things

• Well I tell them I just call it how I see it. Not saying I'm not cool with fat people or anyone with physical deficiencies, but I don't let their disgust of my opinion get to me. Some girls might be ugly and/or fat to me while others find them very attractive.

• yes, VERY thin skinned