Why did he say we were friends after 2 months of having a "thing"?

I have been speaking to this boy for around 10 months. We spoke as friends but only started talking as more after we made out around 2 months ago. He got angry over two occasions, one: where i joked around and said i hooked up with a guy, and when he heard, he bruised his knuckle over it, and two: when i actually hooked up with somebody as a result of him saying he didn't want anything serious and making me think he lead me on. The second occasion brought us closer and he said he wanted to get to know me more and loves talking to me as well as him being in it for the long run and not caring whether we did anything sexual or not (we a both virgins and 17 years of age). For two weeks he has been short talking me but still starts conversations and flirts occasionally, this happened after he went to a party and im worried he did something with somebody else because we made a promise we wouldn't do anything with anybody else as we were committed to eachother and trying to build a stronger relationship. A music festival came up and he didn't message me or say hello at all, regardless of the fact that he was sitting across from me with his group of friends numerous times and saw me. I asked him where we stand as I was confused not seeing him at all at the festival and he asked me what i meant by where we stand, were friends. I just said okay and then the next day he messaged me and asked what was up like nothing even happened. I'm not sure how to react and im going to his school ball tomorrow night where he will be taking another girl (whom he asked before meeting me) and im going with another guy. It's going to be awkward and I dont know what to do. please help.

for those saying i am playing games, he has been very on and off about his feelings and i have been scared of the day he would randomly say were friends to me after going on dates and him calling me his girl. The day has come and i think he fucked around with my feelings and the only way i could surely get out of him how he felt was to see if he got jealous and when he did that was the only time his true feelings for me came out.

Most Helpful Guy

• (Sentence structure and paragraphs are your friend. They make your soliliquy easier to read).

You are playing games. He may have been too. If you like someone then talk about your feelings with them and explore their feelings for you. I think you enjoy the thrill you get by making him jealous. It makes you feel wanted when he displays anger over issues that suggest you want someone else.

Stop the freaking game playing. Or, if you want to play games, don't expect you will ever get someone who will give themselves over to you completely.

What Guys Said 2

• It sounds like your both playing each other. There doesn't seem to be just one here

• Because fuck you.

What Girls Said 3

• Well he said you're friends so you're friends. Enjoy your time with your partner and try avoiding him. If he happens to come back around, don't just let him in like nothing. Don't let him treat you that way. It's not just when he wants. Put your foot down and talk to him as a FRIEND at first, because that's what he said right? If he flirts, it really depends on you what you want. If you're okay with this "thing" you can flirt back and keep going with this confusing situation Or you can dismiss it if you don't want anything else. If you want more than just flirting then you're gonna have to talk to him about all this.

• Tbh I dealt with guys like this before Hun and it's alright to have your guard up now a days cause boys at this age are still "fuck boys" who are trying to figure out how to be a proper man. I think what u should do is cut all communication with him and keep living your life because guys like that are just not worth keeping around since you'll get hurt even more. Date other guys if you like have fun your only 17 so right now you still have things to find out. Avoid guys like that tho because their not worth your time or effort because they won't change for you they have to change on their own. I had a somewhat similar experience and so I stopped talking to him it was hard but I went through it and now I'm in a relationship with a great guy for almost three months by being careful not to talk to those types of boys

• Honestly you played him just like he played you. That is why you should ask that person you are speaking to what is the goal or ask where you stand in the beginning and as you keep talking.