What do you do when a guy with a sweaty hand wants to hold yours?

The other day I went to the movies with one of my guy friends. Turns out he thought it was a date... AWKWARD. Anyway, in the middle of the movie he asked to hold my hand. I repeatedly tried to ignore it but after the 3/4 time I gave up. Then, when I held it, it was SUPER sweaty. I didn't know how to say I didn't want to hold it. So if I'm ever in that situation again, how do I reject them NICELY...

Most Helpful Guy

• How to reject the date or holding hands. Next time if you don't know if it's a date or not and they ask to hang out you ask back "like a date?" to get a clear answer from them. The hand holding thing was probably just him being super nervous. Try saying "Are you ok you feel all clamy?" this will let him know that his hands do feel weird so he probably won't want to hold hands anymore and without him feeling insulted since he thinks you're worried about his health. If that doesn't work and he's too dumb to take a hint just outright tell him his hands are too sweaty.

What Guys Said 2

• With regard to sweaty hands: It's embarrassing. He probably knows, and it was probably worse because he was nervous about making a move like that.

Next time, just say you don't want to. Don't be specific, be polite but firm.

• i think you should try and make sure he knows it is or is not a date beforehand

• I had assumed that because I told him I just wanted to be friends... oh well.

• yeah sometimes i think guys can get tunnel vision if they like you. so just maybe say no i'm sorry i dont want to hold hands

What Girls Said 4

• Awww, he was probably feeling nervous. I'd consider it a positive sign and I'd keep holding his hand. I have a thing for shy guys. :3
    It's just sweat. There is nothing gross about it.

• Put your hands in your back pockets or just shake your head at him and talk to someone else (if it's a group date)

• I always just tell anyone who wants to hold my hand. Nope because I HATE hand sweat it's gross. Just tell him you don't want your hand to get sweaty, or you don't know where his hands have been, or you're a germophobe or something.

• Bring popcorn and hold it in the hand close to him