When should I ask him out? How would he take it?

So... Today, at the gym, my friend (who's a personal trainer) was there for me. He came down after his session and we went into a private room to do my weight and measurements. I told him I had a really crappy last hour and I broke down! We sat for an hour while I teared up and we made stupid jokes about it so it was easier and less serious and he just tried to help me out the best he could, and it was nice. Anyway, I told him that I definitely owe him now - because he's doing these sessions with me for free. Recently, he said I could take him out if i had some spare money and I was thinking I should offer to take him to a pub or something for food some time next week? Would it be too soon? How would he take it? I want to do it but I'm worried that either he'll reject me or it'll make things weird!

Most Helpful Girl

• Not food. Too much too soon. Grab a drink instead. Keep it casual

What Guys Said 1

• You've got nothing to worry about he basically asked you to ask him out.

What Girls Said 1

• he will not reject it because he made the offer in the first place and specifically told you , you can take him out lol and no he will not find it weird trust me just be casual about it and say " do you want to grab some food i owe you after all "

• I didn't take it like that, i thought it would be just something that i can do to show that i appreciate him!

• so you pointed out the tab :/

• I AM SO USELESS AT THIS xD