GUYS: would you wear an engagement ring?

if no, comment why not.

also, I'm including sexuality in the poll to see if there's much difference there.

• yes. I'm heterosexual.
  • yes. I'm gay or bi.
  • no. I'm heterosexual.
  • no. I'm gay or bi.
  • I'm a woman.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not much of a jewelry guy, and to be totally honest I've never been wild about the idea of wearing any type of ring.

It's got nothing to do with the public display of commitment that it symbolizes--if anything, I'm totally down for that part. I just find rings (and all jewelry) to be uncomfortable and cumbersome. Plus it's not really my style, I guess.

That said, I would happily wear a plain wedding band when I marry a woman I love, and I would at least consider the idea of a plain engagement band if it meant a lot to her.

• I'm the same. as a kid, I went nuts with the jewelry. at this point, I can't even remember the last time I wore simple earings. I would however wear an engagement ring and wedding band for their symbolism and would want to get him a special engagement ring too.

that's sweet that you would wear one for your woman! (:

• Yeah, I think you understand what I mean. It just feels funny to wear stuff. LOL. But of course, you're in love then all that stuff goes right out the window. You'd want people to know, I guess.

And thanks! :)

• Thank you!

What Guys Said 14

• If I wanted to get engaged I would but the way I feel I don't think I want to ever get engaged.

• Yes, i think guys wearing a engagement ring
    shows the girl he loves her and it's beginning
    of a everlasting love life that will lead into marriage

• The answer is yes.

Do Asian girls wear engagement rings?

• There are "wedding bands" for men. Suggestion: get one from something durable, like tungsten carbide or titanium. Not only is it cheaper, but Gold and Silver simply do not wear well for men, especially if we are working with our hands.

• no

I do wear a wedding ring.

The point of a woman's engagement ring or either parties wedding ring is not just what it means to the couple, but the understood message it sends to everyone. Since there's really no such thing as a male engagement ring, that message wouldn't exist. It would basically appear to be a wedding ring.

• No I'm not much of a ring kinda guy. I'd maybe wear it in a necklace or something if she wanted me to

• No thanks, but I'll put the ring on a necklace instead

• that's still wearing it. :P

actually, I always think about it that way too, that I'll wear them on a necklace or braclette.

• Yeah, I just don't like rings. They make my fingers feel weird. A necklace is also easier to keep from losing, in my opinion. Unless it snaps off

• ya, I like the necklace idea

• I'd wear one to make my future fiancĂ© happy.

Just one less thing she can complain about.

• I wear a wedding ring and that's not much different than a engagement ring.

• yea, it is. it comes before the actual marriage. it shows what's to come, says "I'm of limits", making a commitment.

• It says "I'm off limits" That's exactly what a wedding ring says. The rings are just stages of the same thing. Exchanging class rings or giving a promise ring is saying we are together. The engagement ring says we are together and will be married. The wedding ring says we are together and are married. The basic rule being that the ring says we are together. The only big difference is that most guys don't get an engagement ring. There are some married couples that don't believe in rings due to different reasons. My parents don't have rings, but they know that they are married and they are faithful to each other.

• Yeah, why wouldn't I wear one?

• guys usually don't I'm just curious to see if your woman bought you one too if you would or not. that's all. (:

• No, I don't see the point, why would the person who asks the other person to marry to them get a ring just because they asked? And all the guys seem to be thinking about wedding rings, you know the ones for after getting married, those are the ones guys are suppose to wear.

• only a couple guys got it confused.

I didn't mean would you buy yourself one, I meant if she bought you one too.

• they shouldn't. I'm saying what if she just wanted to on her own to make it extra special

• Sounds like a waste of money. :p

• i'm str8 and i would NEVER wear one

• No, I don't wear any jewelry at all.

• Yeah, I suppose I would.

• sweet! I'm just curious why we don't see many men wearing them nowadays.

• Maybe not many dudes get proposed to. lol

What Girls Said 1

• My boyfriend said no. Not even a wedding ring.

Reason: He doesn't think it looks fashionable and he thinks it feels foreign/uncomfortable.

• fashionable? it wouldn't go well with his outfits?

• lol Not in that sense, but he doesn't think it'd make him look better. Kinda ironic, cuz he liked to wear a huge fake diamond ring on his left earlobe and a silver bracelet.