Homeless why they're homeless?

I saw some homeless pics in google in rich countries but I'm wondering why they're homeless? Are they lazy to work? Or they make too much money from being homeless? Whats their problem? !! I dont understand why they could sleep in the street while they're still young and can walk and work !! Why they're doing this?

Most Helpful Girl

• "Homelessness is, in fact, caused by tragic life occurrences like the loss of loved ones, job loss, domestic violence, divorce and family disputes. Other impairments such as depression, untreated mental illness, post traumatic stress disorder, and physical disabilities are also responsible for a large portion of the homeless. Many factors push people into living on the street. "

• But is that mean they're responsible for their situation in some way?

• And most helpful for you :)

• Thank you :D

What Girls Said 4

• there's many factors out there that lead to homelessness. And believe it or not, some people are content with being homeless.

• I hate homeless people. They smell, offer nothing to society and only beg so that they can throw away that money on drugs. We all have a story and we all struggle, why is their struggle any worse just because they choose to stand on street corners and sidewalks and beg for money? Talk to the single parent who struggles to put food on the table, talk to the firefighter/police officer who risks their lives, talk to the people that work dead end jobs because they need to survive. I don't feel bad for them and when I see them, I ignore them. They think that someone owes them something because they screwed up or are messed up in the head from drugs. There are so many services and homeless shelters out there for these people to seek help and get on their feets. Denial is their enemy.

• But some of them are sick and the life was rude on them maybe so they end up to be homeless

Would you hate a homeless who run from home when he was kid coz of his bad family? I beilive there's real homeless wha face big problems during his-her life so then end like homeless

• @been_waiting
      You'll feel the same way if you grew up around the homeless people that I did. I don't know you or know where you came from so I can't say, but the homeless who dominated the urban neighborhoods were terrible. Many of them were fathers to the local neighborhood children and wanted to live a life of drugs and being homeless begging for more money for drugs. It's no point in feeling bad for those people. They have good nice people giving them money and what do they do? Buy drugs. I'm entitled to my opinion and this is what I have noticed. I should have made it clear that I'm not talking about EVERY single homeless person out there, so that was my fault.

• They have good nice people giving them money and what do they do? Buy drugs.

That's bad agrees with you

• HOW FUCKING DARE YOU ASSUME THAT THE MOST COMMON REASON IS LAZINESS? Most homeless people are ONE paycheck away from.. "Making it" and don't a normal support system of "MOMMY AND DADDY" to bail them out. See, this is EXACTLY WHY I FUKING HATE PEOPLE... self righteous pricks, think they have the right to judge people who are less fortunate. GO FUK yourself. Instead of asking a redundant questing like this, MAYBE... JUST FUKING MAYBE... You should volunteer some of your time to help people in need? OH THE SHEER BRILLIANCE OF THAT THOUGHT...

• don't have

• I do understand and except FULLY that there is a large group f homless people who are lazy and are NOT mentally illl. I know that. BUT WHO IN THEIR RIGHT FUKING MIND, would choose to be on the streets without a home? only and tiny small percentage... OBVIOUSLY. The rest of them are just normal people who do the best they can to survive and stay above the waves. If you're not sensitive to that, oh well... but it's the truth. No one deserves to be without a safe place to all home. You and I both know it.

• to call* home

• Well there are the lazy homeless, the true homeless, the butal homeless, the lying homeless and the kind homeless. Etc. . They all have different stories just like we do. But all I know is that one time there was a homeless guy outside of McDonald's and he asked for money before I went in, and I didn't have any to spare because I have all debit card money. So I went in a i bought him 2 double cheeseburgers and when I brought them out he rudely grabbed them and threw them. So now I do not fuck with them

• That's a crazy homeless

What Guys Said 5

• Just because a country is rich, doesn't mean all it's people are rich as well.

They might have lost their jobs, been in debt or something else.

• Many factors. In most cases it's due to poor decisions or mental illness. Drug addiction and alcoholism are two of the major poor decisions that contribute to homelessness.

• erm... drug problems. health issues. addictions. a host of stuff.

• I have almost no experience with the homeless, but going by the different things I have heard, most of them either have a serious drug problem, or have a serious mental issue that keeps them from finding work. I have also heard that there is a lot of help offered for people with mental issues, but they would have to give up a lot of their freedom, and so they choose to live free on the street than in a hospital with no real freedom for the rest of their lives. I would say the next biggest reason for homelessness are children that have run away from home do to the abuse they suffer.

Unfortunately most people just see these people as lazy, or doing it to themselves, so there is no real compassion to fix the REAL issues that cause it. A more compassionate healthcare system that will not force mentally ill people to give up all of their freedoms in order to get help. That is a huge problem with any healthcare system where someone else has to pay for your medical care. They get to determine what rights you are allowed to have from then on.

Our system really doesn't give a damn about children. After all children can't vote or pay taxes, so our political leaders don't just don't care about them at all. Instead they will just continue to build more prisons, and lock them away if they ever become too much of a burden on society. We need to give abused children a better option than either staying in an abusive home, or living on the street until their problems come to a head, and they end up in prison. I have known a few people that were involved with the foster care system and according to them, our foster care system almost seems like it was designed to fail children.

• Drugs is the main answer

• What about the one who's not on drugs ?

• I still beilive some of them are lazy to take the first step to fix his-her life

• That's why they fall under failures