Would it seriously turn you off if your college-aged crush cheated on midterms?

Really random question I know... but when he told me this I got seriously turned off and I can't decide if I am being reasonable or not.

• Yes
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• Cheating in college is different from kids in elementary or high school. They have the excuse of being a stupid kid and it's about subjects they might not care about. It's college he's paying to learn there and taking subjects that he wants to take. He shouldn't have needed to cheat so that kind of says something about his intelligence and his honesty. Plus if he got caught he wouldn't get a slap on the wrist like in high school where all you get is a 0 on that one test. He'd be straight up expelled from the school. It would bother me as well.

• Exactly! Okay I guess I was being rational thanks.

• He won't be able to cheat when he has a career (Well the types of things that are considered "cheating" in careers usually lead to prison time).

• Yes, this happened to me. I told her I'd turn her in, so she, apparently, stopped doing that. We had a big fight over it, quite memorable.

• Why the fuck would you turn her in? You sound like a bad person.

• I don't know if I would really have turned her in, but I don't like cheaters, so go sit on something, and then rotate.

• Definitely YES I would be turned off if I knew that this person had that little integrity. I think it would be a deal breaker for me.

• *Cheat off my paper love...* lol jk :P
    Nah, I'd laugh in my mind and probably shake my head but I wouldn't be turned off.

• i really couldnt care about the test. u are ur own person and make ur own choices. i would like to chat with them about "other" things that may incline them to behave like that also though. long story short. 90%+ of people cheat on things. its just if u know it or not.

• It's a stupid college test. College itself is dumb..

• If you think college is dumb you shouldn't be in it in the first place.

• Well that's probably why you're stuck at a shitty job you hate because you take everything as a joke :) Anyways stop talking to me the amount of stupidity in your replies really shows what people who take college as a joke end up like.

• I am a marketing director. I love marketing. I am saving like a Jew as well. Things are good.

• No, I'd find it cute and funny in a way.

• Not a turn off but I would judge that her integrity is pretty low from now on.

• No haha considering I have cheated on tests myself.

• You were a bad girl

• the yessirs, y'all to critical!

• Ofc. This is someone close to you that you look up to and expect the best from. Would you be mad if your kids told you they were cheating on tests? Ofc... no different really. You expect better from them.

• Cheating, is essentially, lying. Liars are bad people

• It would turn me off too

What Girls Said 5

• I'd think it’s pathetic and wonder if he always finds shortcuts.

A guy who doesn't take time and put in work for something he wants... is disappointing.

• Honestly? It wouldn't but I would be kind of disappointed.

• Wow. I never knew it was a big deal until this question. Tbh I don't see it as a huge problem or turnoff.

• Who doesn't cheat on midterms

• It depends. If he's always careless and doesn't put effort into things then yeah that's a huge turn off but if it was kind of a one time thing because he was stressed out and was anxious about failing I would be a bit disappointed but it wouldn't really be a turn off.

College is difficult, I don't blame people for slipping up at some point, but if that's their work ethic then its just pathetic.

• He's exact words are "yeah I am just going to cheat so I am not too worried"

• It would still depend. He might not always be that way. Could just be buckling under stress.
      But I totally understand you seeing it as a turn off.