Can guys learn to understand women better by watching chick flicks?

For that matter, can girls learn to understand men better by watching dick flicks? (movies geared toward males)

And not only by watching films. But also by reading magazines and books that are geared toward the opposite gender as well. Does it work to understand the other gender better?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Chick flicks/stereotypical gender geared entertainment helps neither sex, they're fantasies and dream worlds. If you seriously want to "understand" women better, be around them more often. Not just romantically but also platonically. Observe and interact and have fun and learn shit.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on what kind of woman are you trying to attract.

• I just had 4 really good guy friends in high school. I learned a lot from them lol never touched any of them but the conversationa were open. I think they would forget I was a girl.

What Guys Said 3

• Chick flicks? Dude cut your dick off and throw it to the pigs. That may help more than chick flicks. Pick up artist books help way way more than any stupid movie.

• Ironically, my question was based off of advice I got from a pick-up-artist book.
      Also, I really liked the movie Princess Bride despite it being a total chick flick and I have no problem with that. "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

• ""Knights in white armour" "girls who go for the nerd hero" blah blah blah... it's wrong... all of it."

I agree completely. Those movies give false hope to those who see themselves as the wimpy, awkward, weirdo protagonist character. I didn't ask that question to defend the messages that movies propagate. It's even worse when you've got a bumbling and nervous Hugh Grant in his movie where he stutters nervously whenever he's around the girl he likes and she falls for him. The book I read stated that in order to understand your target (a woman) you have to understand what they like and why they like it.

• Dude, if Hugh grant is in the movie, and it's about love, you best run the hell away! Exactly, movies are bad man. stay with pick up artist books. If women think it's bad, and women love bad boys;) then you on the right track.

• No, but you can learn about what society generally seems to assume about males and females, society wholeheartedly supporting sexism, after all.

• you'll never understand women hell women dont understand women!