Is it true we all have a 'dark side."?

Seemingly nice people can suddenly become cruel and sadistic, without warning?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it's true. Because no one is 100% good or 100% bad. It's like qualities and flaws, no one has only qualities, just like no one has only flaws.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 13

• we all do have a dark side because we're human, but i dont believe that we can all become cruel and sadistic in a moment. we could say that our dark side more or less aggressive, depending on the individual, their life experiences, and their responses to particular situations.

• True not all of us can become werewolves... I know I can't , but some people, brrrrr.

• Well... my dark side is there.
    I just compress it very well.

When I find myself in deep dark thoughts.. I switch my mind and try to think more optimistically or more like a "sane person".
    What separates human beings from someone that is mentally insane is that... we have the ability to turn those negative thoughts off (like a light switch), and not act on them.

• “Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.” The Phantom Menace

no human being can be without a dark side, there will always be a little dark about them but what counts is to how extent they have it. :)

• Realistic, I suppose. Though there are some people who really don't seem to have one.

• I wouldn't say everyone has a cruel or sadistic side but I think everyone has their limits when it comes to their temper or how easy or hard it is for someone to get angry.

• And man, can they act out when they get angry! Maybe they don't mean to be cruel... but...

• Its the nice ones you need to watch out for lol

• Definitely. Even if people don't know it yet, they can snap with ZERO warning.

• Yes! The Milgram Shock Experiment and the Stanford Prison Experiment proves this!

• Only when I'm provoked... I'm unforgiving to humanity.

• maybe but i hope it stays dormant in most people

• I have dark thoughts, but I do not act on them.

• Absolutely. We ALL are capable of EVERY good and EVERY evil known to man.

• I can become a vampire.

• think about all race from entire world including black, hispanic, white, Asian claiming that America is their own land when Native Americans are not saying anything. thieves

• Let's not get down on the poor immigrant, or those brought as slaves, who were leaving poverty and war and had no idea about the Native people. I'm part Native myself, but here you are blaming victims.

• what i am saying is we all are thieves no matter what color we are except native indians.

What Guys Said 12

• We are all capable of dark, cruel and even sadistic things. Not so much without warning though you could have that side of you already unlocked so to speak and switch to it without warning.

I'm about the nicest, kindest guy around but when and if somebody puts their hands on my family, myself or my partner I can tell you I can quickly become the coldest, scariest guy you've seen ( but only to bad people who deserve it, never to family and never to my partner )

• I have a foul temper at the moment. Noticing the bad in others, is the same bad that you carry, gives you tremendous empathy. But most people project their badness onto others.

• Yes, I'm very calm and I absorb everything against me quite well. Usually I don't lose my mind but rarely it happens. Even though in those rare events that dark side dissolves within mind, last year because of BS by college management I lost control and literally dominated and kicked their asses. Slammed table, verbally abused them and made them apologise to me and other affected students. Usually I can't even speak lol. Whole class and staff was like "WTF! / Is he the same guy? / WOW! / Psycho" etc.
    I lost it just once recently but that was awesome experience hahaha.

• 0|0
  • Absolutely. Deny people a few basic necessities and it'll come out in full rage within a matter of days.

• My behavior is highly dependent on context and the conditions provided by a given scenario.

But I do my best to avoid this type of stuff happening, even though I'm usually capable of seeing how I could be. It's a curse, really.

• and vice versa..."cruel people" have a bright side

• Im sweet as candy but I am not one to piss off. I go from happy to angry I skip annoyed.

• Yes, all humans have so called "dark side". The thing is that our moral principles, spiritual values and parenting "locks up that dark side" inside us and, depending of how we follow all those "rules", people are considered good or bad.

• I have a twin brother so for him it isn't possible to have a dark side. I am his dark side >:D

• We all have a dark side, yeah.

Cruel and sadistic? No, wtf

• Yeaaaaa and I love