Do Guys like it when Girls ask them out?

Been trying to get the guts to ask a friend out on a date and was wondering if guys don't mind/ appreciate it when girls take the lead?

I'm not expecting anything out of this guy (ie sex/ one nighters, long term relationships, end up being the one) Just want to see if I like him in a dateable level in my point of view.

• Yes! Its ok to ask for the 1st date/ outing.
  • No! Guys should be the ones asking no matter what.
Not even 10min of asking and the answers is all yes! This definitely helps. I got work 6 days a week and stuff on my next day off this coming week but will ask this friend out for a date/ get together for my next available day/ night off. Wish me luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally. Someone did that to me, and it just communicated to me that they are blunt with what they want. I like it. I even encourage it. You hear that ladies? The sad truth is that a lot of men are extraordinarily thick. If there's that guy you like and you are trying to place "subtle hints" of your interest (such as playing with your hair, eye contact, etc. Typical things like that) chances are a lot of us won't even notice. Or we'll think you're just being friendly. A lot of us aren't too keen onto this sort of thing. So if you want something, just go for it! Plus it makes our job easier haha.

What Guys Said 73

• Yes they should and I like the new trend

• Unfortunately, here's your correct answers. But let me say this first.
    Would you like it if a guy you knew just came out and said "I really am attracted to you and I want to be your boyfriend?" I'm betting the majority of women would say yes to liking to have this happen. BUT... In reality have you ever been attracted to anyone who's ever done something like that? The reason I say this is because a guy who does it this way does so because he's received no flirting signals back and probably hasn't given any. He's just throwing it out there as a last resort.

Likewise. Sure as a guy I'd love to have women ask me out. But, has a girl EVER asked me out that I've actually been interested in? The answer is not one. The only times girls have done that is because we were friends, they liked me and I showed no interest back. If I liked them, I would hav flirted more and definitely already asked them out. So yes I'd like it, but most likely it won't work. I'd suggest keep talking, try flirting a little and wait for him to ask you out. HE WILL ASK YOU OUT IF HE DOES ACTUALLY LIKE YOU. (Even if I just wanted to hook up with a girl and didn't want to date her, I would still ask her out and if I hadn't done so yet, her asking me out first still wouldn't change things).

• Wow. I guess I am old-fashioned. I always felt that a man was supposed to take the lead and pursue if he was interested. It shows confidence, it shows that he's interested enough to invest time in the pursuit. It shows that he's not easily afraid. So many boys are growing up without a strong male role model. there are certainly exceptions to the rule, such as if it's a brief encounter and the guy catches the woman's eye but he hasn't noticed her or something. But c'mon fellas, show a woman that you are interested enough to risk the rejection.

Orrrr... don't and I guess you'll be OK too. Times... they are a-changin'.

• I'm fifteen years older than you, and one thing I did not realize about myself until last year is that every woman I have ever been involved with including both my ex and current wives, picked me first.
      EVERY SINGLE ONE

If only I had known this fact about myself 30 years ago, I would have had a very different life. All that time wasted chasing women who had zero interest in me and all I had to do was be interesting and available and the right ones would show themselves. It's a damned shame.

• I said no, but i do respect woman that have the guts to ask the guy out. However, as a guy, it is MY job to court the girl. The girl's only job during the process is to have the best damn time of her life. If she's having a good time, then i'm having a good time too because then i know I'm doing a good job at doing what i was born to do :)

• Most guys (and myself included) would agree a girl asking a guy out is a good thing. So I voted "A."

Traditional gender roles are pretty much being abolished.

• There are few things that are better or hotter then a woman taking the lead. First to ask the guy out. The BEST is when she grabs you and takes that first kiss when your worrying when the best time to try will be so you don't seem like a sex starved creep. first to bring up sex... any firsts are awesome...

• My senior year of high school a very cute girl approuched me and asked for a moment of privacy. I thought she was going to chew me out for starring at her butt or boobs or something... but she whipped out big smile and a huge cookie with "prom?" written in frosting. I felt like a million bucks!! It thrilled me that the girl had the guts this time, and without taking the innciative to ask me to the prom, we might not have had the amazing time that we shared that wonderful evening.

We were voted "best prom couple 2007"

• I would have loved to be asked out by a girl and more girls should do it.

• Guys are just as insecure as women are, 95% of the time we think a woman is out of our league and won't even bother. If you are attracted to a guy, by all means ask him out! PLEASE!

• Yes! Normally it's the guys who has to make the first move. It's cool when it's the other way around. It's rare... only happened to me a couple of times... but it's a turn on for me when it does happen. It's the year 2015. ... girls are allowed to make the first move :)

• I'm not a gambler, so not one to do something unless I know the outcome. If she asks first that saves me from having to engage detective mode.

• I always thought that if a girl and I are talking and she mentions a place and says "Oh and you should come too!" or "it'd be nice to hang out sometimes"

that was her way of indirectly asking. chicks do that all the time.

but if you mean directly saying " would you go with with me!" then i find it flattering. my second GF actually did that to me.

• Yeah good luck! But don't lead him on or it can back fire.
    If a girl asked me out I would assume permission to flirt with her on the next level or even make a move.
    Nothing is worse than being led on, it can cause massive confidence issues or could turn him against you.
    BUT
    I dont understand why you need to ask him out to see if he is worthy of dating. Seems a little dodgy to me...
    Do you even know this guy or did you just find him on tinder?

• what I mean is I don't know if I like him on a relationship level. When we hang its with friends and never two of us, so i want to see if I like hanging out with him on a more serious level and just the two of us. (ie, maybe future bf/ dating partner) Sorry if my wording is a little different in meaning than what I'm trying to say. I just didn't want to ask and make it seem like all I want from him is a one night stand/ friends with benefits style. And incase if I don't like him that way I don't want to be lying to myself if we keep on dating when I don't feel anything myself. I've done the fake feeling relationship and it was the worst few weeks of dating in my life, I wasn't myself and I felt like I was putting on a show every time I talked and saw the person.

• Don't worry, Its almost impossible for someone to be able to write a paragraph with every added detail ; ).

You seem like a nice enough girl to take so many things into consideration, But you may be overthinking it which can also affect your own confidence.
      You need to just do what feels right and next time you see hime, in a group or not, see how much attention he gives you and make your decision on the spot. I think it would be your best shot.
      good luck though and I hope he is a good guy for you!

• Yes i like for girls to ask me out, go for coffee , make small talk, see movie
    go out to dinner

• No! Definitely not. It's much more natural for men to pursue and doesn't give a very good impression of her if she takes matters into her own hands. In addition, It's very uncomfortable to be in that position, and he may say, "yes," just so as not to hurt your feelings. Leave *subtle* hints, If he likes you, he will ask you out!

• I have been. He almost didn't even ask for my number just because he thought I had a BF/GF somewhere. Once he learned I didn't have one next day he asked for it and a position to go out but after 2 months of not asking me out again when plans fell due to work I thought it was time to take matters in to my own hands.

• If he hasn't asked you out in two months since, there is virtually no chance he is interested in you. I am sorry...

• I have no problem if a girl asks me out, it's nice to be chased every now and then instead of doing all the chasing

• I do that way at first I can kindly turn her down at first, then when I feel like I'm ready to take things to another level with her, then me and her can hit it off, like becoming a couple.

I'm saying this cause I hear about some girls turning down guys who ask a girl out at first, then later own in life she finally gives him a chance... I wish I could hear about a guy finally giving a girl a chance after he kindly turn her down at first.

• Some guys like me are blind to flirting when it comes to girls flirting in a dating kind of way so the girl asking us out is probably going to be the only way it's going to happen

• I've got a crush on a couple of girls but I am hesitant to make a move I wish one of them would ask me if they don't I might just bite the bullet and ask them myself.

• No, when a girl asks me out I consider it a great insult and I have to sacrifice a goat to cleanse myself of the taint.

• Another idea if you have known a guy a while and he hasn't done anything is to just say "Why haven't you asked me out?"

• In all honesty, I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to this subject, though honestly I wouldn't mind a change up every now and then, though usually, if I take interest in a girl, I'm going to ask her out one way or another. Life's too short to wait for things to come to you, gotta act on them while you can.

• Sexy as hell

• Yes!
    Specially if the girl keep it cool and casual.
    Nothing too fancy, just a coffee a walk or something.

• Only 95% of people think it's ok, seems quite undecided.

• yes! i love it if a girl askes me out, it means she has confidence, and i like that

• It's not kinda bad to ask a guy out, but on the very first date it is not great idea u see. U may ask him after ur first meet.

• I love nothing more than getting a Facebook message from one of my girls and says "Dan, I want you to come round and bareback me balls deep"
    Deffo take the lead

• I find it quite flattering for a female to approach me, requesting a date. I usually leave it up to her to decide whether or not she wants to be my girl. She has a brain, a mouth, and knows how to use them (no dirty jokes, please).

• Girls should ask out guys and should also approach guys to initiate conversation. I like that very much.

• More from Guys
    43

What Girls Said 5

• 3rd wave Feminism has really made women think that its ok to usurp the mans role of pursuing.

• Asking out has nothing to do with your sexuality... :-)

• I've asked out guys before... lol

• to be honest it hasn't gone well when i have done it. But i wish you good luck!

• id figure to ask. it would be the first time me asking someone out for a date. i feel bad that it hasn't worked for you. Id rather ask and be said no right away so i know that guy isn't into me that way.

• Read the comments on here:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1363105-the-feminization-of-men

I for one, would be and have been turned off when a guy tells me he was waiting for me to approach him, because he felt intimidated. To me that's a guy with undisclosed baggage that needs to be dealt with before entering into a relationship with him. It makes me wonder what other areas in life does he slack off in, if approaching a woman is so hard.

• maybe stop being so mean to us for no reason and it won't be so hard for people like me to approach women

• Don't accept such a victimizing mindset. You're accepting less than you deserve.

• me asking a guy out for one little movie date isn't going to kill him. Plus I dont get asked out by guys very often, even when I was in HS so I dont recall ever turning down a friend for a date and putting him in the friendzone.