How much of an age gap is "acceptable" in a relationship?

So I recently met this guy and we really get along and we went on a date last night. It was one of the best dates ever! We both had a great time. He brought up something that we could do tomorrow night and we talked about that for a little while and then he said something that made me wonder how old he is. I asked and he told me he is 32! I am only 18 (he said that he knew I was 18). Even though there is quite the age gap, I still had a really good time! I don't know what to do. I just want to hear some unbiased opinions!

Most Helpful Guy

• I know 2 rules:
    1/2 of the age of the oldest +7 = minimum age of the youngest.
    Thus 32/2=16+7=23

OR
    age of the youngest+ 25% = maximum age of the oldest
    18 +25%= 22.5

What Guys Said 5

• Your gap is really big, however in your case I think it'll depend of your mental age. A relationship between couples with your age gap won't work for some people, for others it will.

• Doesn't matter, you're of legal age.
    Just understand that y'all at different stages of life and it may cause problems/issues in the future.

• Ten years older than me or ten years younger and no greater.

• if you think that you like him go for it. just take in account that its like a 14 year old dating a 28 year old

• According to society, any age gap seems acceptable as long as the guy is older.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends.

My boyfriend is 12 years younger than me. We've only been together for a few months but so far it works.

• Honestly I think age doesn't matter too much. You're both of age and if you both really like each other, then go for it. Enjoy each other's company.

• 5 and a half years but that's me

• Ehhh hmm just be wary. No harm in enjoying time with him, but take it slow and don't rush into anything you're not ready for or cave into pressure. He's likely a lot more experienced than you, and some guys handle that graciously and some guys not so much. It might be a short-term thing though, because you guys are at such different stages in life and I mean, you're young - he's probably not going to be the last guy you date. Just be careful. I wouldn't get in too deep, especially if you're not sure of his intentions. Also, be ready for questions and concern from friends and family.