Year 7 boy going out with a year 11 girl? thoughts?

so my best friend is going out with a 12 year old while she is 16, he makes her happy and she has never been happier because guys our age have always been pressuring her into sex. People in our year level are talking a lot and I know its going to get to her, one of them is also going to ask me out next week, but can it work? is it weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand where she's coming from because I like younger guys for that reason and my boyfriend is 2 years younger, but I think at their ages it's a little bit much. I actually wouldn't have dated my boyfriend any sooner even though we were already good friends for a while before (4 years ) we started dating when I was 17 and he was 15

What Guys Said 4

• i guess that's illegal basically...

• lol, this is very weird.

• Aren't Year 7s usually pint-sized?

• Well it ain't illegal unless you're caught i guess!

What Girls Said 3

• Well I'm guessing he would be 13 soon, which is only a 3 year difference. As long as they're not having sex because the age of consent is usually 16, then let them do what they want. But I honestly doubt it's going to last very long

• Eventually he'll want to have sex too. That's not a good excuse, she needs to just say no until she's ready.

• of course it's not weird.