Boyfriends dog being put down?

So my long distance bfs dog is being put down and were on the phone and he is crying, I dont know what to do or say. Should i let him let it out or try cheering him up i really dont know what to do.

Most Helpful Guy

• ;_; let him let it out, there are times to cry and this is one of them

What Guys Said 3

• I know that's tough I lost my dog 2 years ago but he needs to grieve.

• just let him let him cry it out it will help him a lot

• I would just leave him alone while he's going through it. Or well, I wouldn't say leave him alone, but, like, just be "there" for him. Difficult to explain

What Girls Said 1

• Having been around when a family dog got put down I can empathize with him. For a lot of people, guys especially, their dogs are like a family member. It's that way with me and my family we've had each of them since they were puppies. You teach them and socialize them to be nice to everyone, our male English Bulldog has slept on the foot of my bed since he was little. I know it will leave a hole in my heart when he dies. I guess it's one of those things that unless you've had a dog and got attached to it that others might not understand. Think of it as losing a close friend and you'd be pretty close.

Probably the best thing to do is tell him you're sorry for his loss. Let him talk about it if he wants. Let him cry and grieve the loss, probably hurts a lot.