Boyfriends dog died?

So my boyfriends dog died the other day, She was his best friend, I am in a long distance relationship with him, and have no idea what to say or do, he and i usually stay on the phone until the other wakes up, and he was crying a lot, I didn't know what to say so i just let him let it out, He woke up in the middle of the night saying he needs me and i said im still here and he went back to sleep, i want to cheer him up but i dont know if i should give him space without him thinking that i am not supportive.

Most Helpful Guy

• Stay supportive and be there for him. Try and take his mind off of it

• What are things i can say?

• Just behave the same way you normally would.
      If he's too sad/emotional just let him talk to you about it. Don't say anything too over the top or get too deep, but let him say what he needs to.

What Guys Said 1

• Just keep reaching out to him. Send a card. Send text messages. Call when you can.

What Girls Said 2

• Just be supportive. There is nothing you CAN do or say that will make it better; grieving is a process only time can fix.

• He needs support now. If you give him space, he'll think you're abandoning him.