Can I still be friends with my ex if I want to date his best friend?

we technically didn't date but we were involved with each other for two years (we hooked up many times and went on dates).

My friend is now dating someone else and his best friend & I are starting to see each other. I've felt disconnected from my friend recently, we're usually very flirty with each other so it doesn't feel appropriate to carry on that type of friendship.

I don't want to lose his as a friend but I'm having some trouble figuring out how I'm supposed to go about it.

by the way, it's been a year since my friend and I were involved

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel that even though 'We technically didn't date,' it is still stepping on tender toes here dear With------His best friend.
    Your friend is 'Now dating someone else,' which is good for him, maybe even better for you on your end. However, it Is his best bud and before things get too heated, tell him to talk to the other and tell him you and he are going out right now as just friends and he just wants to be fair in telling him.
    It seems you both were just 'Dating', not really mating as far as a Real relationship goes. He has someone new so I don't see where it would bother him any. As the old saying goes: You snooze, you lose," and he had his chance for romance and apparently didn't want any more than a bed fellow.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

• You "technically" didn't date, but you "went on dates." Uh, you technically DID date.

• well we never really acknowledged each other as "boyfriend or girlfriend" but we did spend a lot of time with each other.. it was just never official

What Girls Said 1

• Don't do that. It sounds like a recipe for disaster.