What seems like a good age to start dating?

At what age did you/would you start? Was/is it necessary for parental acceptence? When would you let your children start?

Most Helpful Guy

• when you are at least 500. :-)

I think the answer isn't AGE it is readiness... when you love yourself and can accept who you are, then you are ready to date. Until then you are asking for trouble. Too many people jump into dating thinking that it will make them happy. It can, but only if you are both comfortable with who you are, and then ready to give to someone else. Most people going into dating with the expectation of taking not giving.

What Guys Said 7

• 15/16 probably. My first date was around 14 and I actually haven't had one since.

That aside, start early and get the mistakes out of the way before relationships become more significant and longer.

• I'd say 15 because you actually start to have a real understanding of what a relationship is and what it involves. It's not all holding hands.
    It really depends on the person though. For instance, I have yet to date simply because I'm not ready to. I'm not in a situation that would be fair for either party of a relationship.
    If you feel you can handle a relationship then go for it. Just don't rush into anything

• Really depends on the type of dating and the age of the person they are dating - Assuming they are both same age puppy love any age, hand holding and some kissing 14/15/16 - A bit of experimentation 17/18 after that they are adults and can do what they like. For me it was along the lines of most everyone else comments mid teens seemed when I began to think about dating.

• Whenever they're old enough to drive AND work. If they want to act grown up and start dating and taking care of someone, then THEY better pay for it. If you have to have your mommy drive you to all your dates and give you money for them too, you're too young and/or immature to be dating.

• I didn't start until age 16. Even then I had to keep it under wraps because my family looks at dating as one should only date if he is looking for the girl he will marry.

• I would like they start as fast as they can or when they want. I think later it helps them in future. They become matture early. What do you think?

• 13 thats when girls devolp thier breasts and a guys penis starts to work, little piont before that for both resons

What Girls Said 4

• I started dating at 13 I think 16 is a better age because guys... even young males often want to have sex and 13 year olds aren't emotionally mature enough for that. It can cause attachment and a broken heart and knowing 13 year olds they'lol be screaming about how their life is ruined and that they want to kill themselves. Parents may seem controlling but they know what their doing. So like I said I'd let my kid date at 16, but I'd just want them to know to be careful with their heart.. and their V-card.

• Well, I have a rule that I can't date if I don't have good grades, but if you want an age, go for 15 or 16, that way you aren't sharing your gummy-worms and calling it love. You also want the guy to understand what you are okay with and what you are not okay with, it really varies on what kind of guy you would like to date.

• 16+ if you're ready.

• Depends , I think like 26 because early twenties u still want party and go to college... and in your twenties your still not sure what u want