What is the longest relationship you have been and why did it end?

I am just curious, before I get into a relationship I would like to learn from others first.

• One month
  • A few months
  • A year
  • Two to three years
  • Four years+

Most Helpful Guy

• 5, almost 6 months.

It ended for various reasons from both of our mistakes. Although, she blamed it all on me. Lovely.

What Guys Said 14

• About a year, and it was because I was an insecure little bitch and controlled her, and thankfully for her, she left me. The way I treated her is one of my bigger regrets in life.

• 0 hours basically

• 33 years and it hasn't ended.

• 1 day because she regretted saying yes the day after she said it and broke up over Facebook.

• Two years, things just sort of fell apart in the relationship. We became more distant and just simply never connected as much anymore.

• About half a year, but its no ones concern as to why.

• It just simply ends. We have nothing to talk then it gets boring and that's it. And always the same. But nearly time I made my self more confident, some progess. What is your relationship experience?

• You mean a romantic relationship? Probably never.

• 5 1/2 years and ended in her death.

• 7 years basic

• Either 1 year and some months, or 3 months, depending on if you count the long distance bit before we met in real. I guess it counts as 3 months

• Never been in one, my closest thing to a relationship I ended up getting rebounded and used as an ego boost and a way to get back at an ex that the girl left me for.

• A year, I'd been ready to break up for a while and just waited until she was ready too. lol

• almost five years. She passed away in a car accident.

• Ahh I'm so sorry to hear that!

• Thank you. She was lovely and beautiful and amazing. It has bene 12 years and I still miss her bitterly sometimes. There are days when I can suddenly smell her, it almost brings me to my knees.

What Girls Said 11

• About 7 months roughly. It was when I was 18. We broke up because we were not compatible, he was immature and I just lost a lot of my feelings for him too. The attraction/interest died down but I think it's due to our mismatched personalities.

• 5 and a half years.

I started a new job, a new phase in my life. The first week we went out and celebrated. The next week he ignored me. The third week he texted me and broke up with me.

It turned out he had been cheating on me with his best friends little sister who was 16 and he was 21. They had a 2 year relationship and broke up recently.

• A few years ago I was living with my ex and while I was living with him he was texting other girls and hanging out with them after work. I finally blew up in his face and that did not go well. I had to move out and I refuse to talk to him (3 years later) even though he's apologized several times.

• Four years. I became too depressing so she ended it, but we're still best friends. I loved her a lot so it was painful seeing her with someone else, but now I'm hoping they're happy together and will be for a long time.

• On/off for 3yrs. He cheated and ended up a baby.

• Two years. It ended in good terms.

• Three weeks

• 4 1/2 years and cause he started verbally / phiscally / sexually abusing me

• He became possessive and controlling and also abusive. Just couldn't deal with it anymore.

• The longest relationship I ever had was 5 years. It ended because he had cheated on me and I had given him to many chances when I should've walked away. And the spark in our relationship just disappeared and I had to move on.

• About two years.
    His father is an overbearing, inappropriate, hypocritical Muslim who threatened to put his son on a guilt trip if he didn't follow Islam the way he wanted to and didn't live the lifestyle he wanted -_- Islam is bullsh*t. Most Muslims are mistakenly superior hypocrites.