Is it possible to regain a guy's interest after losing it?

I have been friends with one of my coworkers for about 4 years now. We've both had secret crushes on one another for this whole time, but he had a girlfriend for a long time. When they broke up recently, he started to pursue me. That was about 4 months ago or so. We hung out, had GREAT sex, and had lots of fun together for a while. He started talking about us being together as a couple but "taking it slow", making plans for us to do stuff for our birthdays, he introduced me to his family. And then, gradually, he started to pull away. Not abruptly, but just little by little over time. I'll admit, I DID get a little overzealous because I've liked him for so long and may have jumped the gun a little. I may have tried to jump in too quickly with him when he wasn't ready or not even sure that's what he wanted. I may have been a shade needy and have come off as a bit desperate when he started to pull away. I'm not particularly needy or demanding in general, and I did nothing bordering psychotic. He is still friendly with me every day at work. Our friendship seems the same. I know if he's not interested, he just isn't interested. But is it possible to maybe reel him back in if I did something to put him off?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's happened before, so sure there is always a chance, Like convisoinarie said, just be cool... should be fine

What Guys Said 1

• yeah it def is just be friends with him and be cool about it

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think so in this situation because no offense girl, but it sounds like you were a rebound. : / It looks like he used your crush and eagerness to distract him from dealing with his break-up.

• My gut tells me that I'm not a rebound. He's definitely liked me back this whole time. I know not because he told me, but because I could tell. He just didn't act on it because he had a gf. He told people at work about us, said he really liked me. He told our other friends he really liked me. Aside from that, I don't know.