If a guy asks your number right away say in a college setting is he always interested?

So I noticed this guy in one of my classes he used to always make eye contact/ stare at me and the other day he came up to me and talked about an assignment we just handed in and then asked for my number and walked me to class.
Being friendly or likes me or?

Most Helpful Guy

• LIKES YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

What Guys Said 4

• Pretty damn sure he's into ya.

• Friendly. But he is interested in getting to know you for sure.
    Until he call/text you for a date or something, then the truth come out!

• Likes you but that would turn me off. Guys who just ask for numbers right off the bat are the ones who will blow up your phone with messages.

• Well he came up to me for the assignment before class and then sat with me in class and then when he walked me to my other class he asked for the number so it wasn't really right away.

• I'm pretty sure he is if he asked for the number. Why would he ask then?

What Girls Said 1

• I had a guy do that too and he was interested in me as well. we did a sort of hang out date, but then it didn't really work out... he was a little too weird for me