Could you last in a long distance relationship for 2 years?

I've been dating my boyfriend for about two years long distance. My friends are always asking me how we make it work and I never know what to say, it just kind of works for us. Is that normal?

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

• id say it depends on how often i get to contact him and how often id actually get to be with him in the flesh. I'm pretty loyal tho, so if he assures me of his loyalty, i think i could do it quite easily, but it would be really hard. not being loyal, but being without him.
    i dont find it abnormal. i find it pretty cool actually. it's good that u 2 r able to defy what people usually expect and just keep at it between u. dont let anyone come in the middle of it.

• The thing is he's very shy due to his not bad but not good childhood it emotionally scarred him so he doesn't like talking. He thinks everything is his fault and that he's not good enough for me which isn't the case at all, I love him, he's not only my boyfriend but he's also my best friend. My friends find it really sweet and impressive that we've lasted so long.

• aw... well he really needs a boost of self esteem. its also kinda hard on u to be the one having to drag him up with yourself all the time too. id advise that u gently 'force' it into the relationship because i will tell u now, if there's one thing that can break down a relationship, it's a lack of communication. u need to include it girl. u deserve it, and i know that once he gets used to it, he'll feel better bout himself.

What Guys Said 4

• I've been in two long distance relationship before each lasting roughly half a year. But I could easily make it to the two year mark, it wouldn't be easy but then again since when are they ever.

• If there was great deal of communication yes i could do it

• I could go for 10yrs or more with ma Asian Powa '-'

• Yes, easily.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes i believe it can work,
    However, some people can't.
    It's a matter of whether people can handle it or not.
    if you and your boyfriend love eachother so much, enough to deal with a LDR. Then congrats! Because Some people can't.
    Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
    Aslong as you trust eachother enough and want to make it work. LDR are just like any other relationship.

• I could if he was willing to be 100% devoted to me.
    If that was the case I'd give him my everything.