If your grandfather sets you up with his friend's grandson or granddaughter, would you go on a blind date for him?

• Yes why not!
  • NO! could complicate things~
  • I don't know I'd ask her/his picture
  • Other opinion :D

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My Grandfather died when I was just a baby... So, I don't know :-/

• oh no sorry to hear that :( but thank you for answer the question

• Hehe.. Cool :-)

• Thank you, Mei :)

What Guys Said 14

• when I was young my mom tried to set me up a couple of times. When we worked at the same large department store for a while, and drove together, she actually brought one to the car. *sigh...
    I told her no way I would ever go out with anyone she picked for me. I have seen her try and buy me clothes. she will think things are in that haven't been in for 10 years... lol..

• :) yeah my mom also try to set me up with people time to time lol

• sorry if I am profiling... but is it a culture thing? are they trying to arrange a marriage?
      or are they just trying to get you married and think at your age you should be married?
      the older you are when you marry, the better the chance of your marriage working out. though, like any marriage, not always...

• No it is not a culture thing, they are not trying to arrange a marriage (hope not lol).
      Since my family including my parents and grandparents are worried that I might stay single forever, they usually bring someone, or give out my business cards or numbers to people without telling me lol.
      i just pretend I didn't hear anything from them, ignoring all their suggestions lol :D

• No, I don't think so. I pick my potential partners (Or rather, don't.) based on what I can gather of their character and interests. Getting set up with some random I know nothing about is not an interesting proposition.

• ai would trust my grandfather not to set me up with a cyclops...

• That's a delicate situation Mei... I'd tell him I'd try it out but would decide for myself if there was a click or no.
    So I'd give it a try but would discuss with him beforehand that the favour was not to start a relationship but to give it a try.
    The decision would be mine to make.
    I'd also tell the guy (in my case hopefully girl) not to feel any form of obligation or pressure and just be honest.

• :) thank you for your opinion Hans

• he has asked this since I was born.. lol so I think he is alright ;P

• Hahaha oh my goodness... you could have become the youngest couple in the world :-)
      What a way of making it into the Guinness book of records!

• I suppose I would, but only if it were my paternal grandfather.

Of course, since both of my grandfathers are dead, I would have to do this via Ouija board.

• nah i'd not trust his choice :-P

• I trust gramps pretty well.
    I don't see him ever doing that, but both of my grandma's might...
    I don't see why I wouldn't go, association with my grandparents is a GOOD thing in my book.

• voted c grandad might have good taste in women. lol

• I'd at least ask for a picture and decide from there

• Probably yes that's if my grandfather was still alive.

• yea y not id give it a try i doubt my grandpa would set me up with an ugly girl

• Nope. I'd be going on the blind date for me.

• why do u have these weird questions lol :p

• Is he paying?

What Girls Said 5