Do you trust dating sites?

well, more of the people behind the dating site. not the site itself. Its just that i personally dont want to sign myself at a dating site these days cause i feel like you can't trust people anymore. :/

jesus why are people coming to this question to only feel bad for themselfs cause they haven't gotten laid? thats not the question i was asking.

Most Helpful Girl

• Been using a couple different ones since August. I met some nice people, some looking to get laid, and a real jerk or two. I had a hard time getting anyone I could connect with. In January I met a guy who is very nearly the whole package. We are going strong now and it keeps getting better.

In my experience, it won't happen overnight but it CAN happen if you stick with it and don't give up.

I think being able to read a profile gives you a feel for the person and an idea if you could hit it off or not. I never have been catfished, nor have any of my friends who use the sites.

I do trust them. Some random guy I meet at a bar can be as much a player or jerk as one I meet online.

• Aww, thank you!

I see so many people dogging the process. They either have some preconceived notion that only losers use them (totally inaccurate) or have had lousy luck with them. I really think it is a great way to meet people you never would have in real life.

The guy I am with now lives about ten minutes from where I work. He shops at a grocery store I go to while working, and walks all over the place around there. He lives there 7 years, you would think our paths would have crossed. They never did until I met him online.

• no problem! i though you had a lot of good points in what you where saying :)

What Guys Said 10

• I do. I don't think you can use a dating site, while simultaneously being weary of everyone you talk to and get the most out of your time there. How am I supposed to gain any sense of attachment to someone when in the back of my head, they're not real? You just have to be willing to take their word, and if they're not who they say they are - you just deal with it when the time comes.

I think the untrustworthy profiles make up only a tiny percentage of the userbase, anyways. So long as you're smart about it and don't give some unknown random anything of yours, or agree to meet them in a shady location, the only person who stands to lose anything is the loser who needs to pretend to be a fictional character so people will talk to them.

• Ok the way I look at it is how you approach the site is important. If you factor in that there will be lots of fakers and scammers (esp on free sites - assume you can spot and block them in 5 secs). Next you have the desperate why wasn't the 3rd email a proposal and the hopeless idealists who are not impressed by your average looks and lifestyle, I find those are easy to spot and a dignified exit stage left is required. Then you are left with a level playing field with a good a chance as any other arena for meeting a match. ( A helpful hint is socialise on the site on forums etc, good way to meet like minded people ).

• No! Especially those that charge a fee. Why? Because I've fallen for the "close account but return soon after a girl shows interest" crap. Yes. That's happened twice. I won't go for a third time. If they show interest, why can't they show it during my subscription? Sometimes I wonder if the website admins have it set that way, where a girl is interested in me but they hold the response until I quit my membership. Never again will I go to online dating - unless it's free!!! I would rather go to the local watering hole than waste money on a dating-sharked site.

• I want to trust/like it but I just can't because all I've ever seen is shallow people who are looking for other shallow people.

• No, I don't trust people but I go ahead anyways. The curiosity weights more for me

• Its a waste of time anyway. I tried several.

• Nah I have tried a couple for the hell of it but they didn't do much for me in the long run.

• No I dont trust them and I found most women are too broken there I won't use dating site

• No, you never know what will appear when you meet them in person!!

• No all i feel is all are fake

What Girls Said 2

• No, and I dont plan on ever using dating sites.
    There are some rare success stories though.

• No I don't completely trust dating site,
    But it is a good place to meet people
    A little out of your comfort zone

Plus if you meet people in real life
    You wouldn't completely trust
    Them at first either