Would you go near a drug dealer?

In February I was out drinking and bumped into this guy I found attractive. Yesterday we met up again and I found out he was a drug dealer, I kind of find it sexy because he's a bad boy.
Do you think I should even bother with him? Also would you date/go near a drug dealer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Define "drugs." I mean, I was [hypothetically speaking of course, if the Man is watching] a "drug dealer" for many years, that's how I paid for college. Hopefully people are enlightened enough now to stop calling weed "drugs", you can't even compare it to harder drugs. So if he sells weed, who the hell cares. If he's selling coke, or dope, or meth or something, that's more serious, in that the legal consequences are much harsher, and there's a higher incidence of violence related to the trafficking. Also, the likelihood that he's a user of whatever he sells is pretty high, so it depends how you feel about that. With weed, the worst thing he'd probably be is lazy, no harm there. But some of that other stuff changes your mental makeup and behavior. I've seen people be able to handle using cocaine a little here and there, but straight up addicts are generally bad news. Heroin and meth are a real problem, you're usually all-in or all-out with those.

If you like him, see what's up. But if you're solely attracted to the "bad boy" image, then I'd say that's a pretty misguided reason to go after someone. If he's slinging hard stuff, proceed with extreme caution. I just don't like the negative connotation "drug dealer" gets, so I like investigate a little further before making decisions on people's character. To me, you can sell drugs and I'd view you as a businessman if you do it a certain way, or I'd see them as ruthless thugs if they go about it another way. But do recognize that if you're at his house and the jakes kick the door in, you're going in too.

• He sells everything, if it was just Weed I wouldn't have even asked this question. Normal drug dealers I know are muscly and are stuck up douche bags but he's completely different. I'm going to keep away if he has a lot of drugs that could get me into trouble and then when he's shifted them I'd go back to him. I've never been into someone like this and I'm 50/50 whether to even bother, its the thought of me being dragged into his drama because I might end up getting kicked out of uni if it got really bad :/

What Guys Said 14

• It depends on whether you could let him get you hooked on drugs
    he sounds like a bad influence and you know what your up against.

• dealers don't usually use. why are you assuming he wants to get her hooked on anything?

• @thewanderingme yeah i agree

• He said he only touches weed and occasionally MDMA but he prefers to sell it for the money. I'm a university student who's emigrating once I get my Bachelors degree, honestly think I'm stupid enough to let someone get me hooked on them? I would never allow it, I've got a future to look forward to xD

• Yes, most definitely. This will in no way turn out bad for you. You will never be harmed physically or mentally and you can expect your future children to be provided with every thing.

... no really. I'm super cereal.

• I have no words...

I am dumbfounded that this question was asked, and that the responses it has received are mixed. That the answer is not obvious and unanimous is a truth I cannot comprehend.

• Oh sure, because I don't see any possible way it could end badly.

• if dealers used they would be fucked up they never use drugs ya may be occasionally but they r rich believe me and they are forced to sell they are not volunteers

• I asked him if he sells for someone else and he said he does it all by himself. He's got a nice car and everything but I'm not interested in him for his money, that's extremely shallow D:

• so thats even gud no need to worry everything is cool but tell him to be safe if that helps

• hey and one more thing no drug dealer i say no drug dealer is alone ok and you better be safe

• Really depends on where you live and how the game works there. It varies wherever you go.
    Generally in regards to this guy I would say no.
    Mainly because you have only been out with him once and already found out he is a drug dealer. Makes me think he is in it for the flash. The lifestyle, pussy, money, weed.
    A true dealer isn't gonna tell anybody what he does.
    Sounds like your boy is a amateur and will probably go down sooner than later

• Some good points here. He might have cowboy-itis if he's putting it on front street that he sells. And it definitely depends on the game in the area. I was in college, and the college hustle is a lot different than the block hustle.

• Yea man I always hated those Ra Ra types. I tended to avoid them myself

• drug dealer are fuckin awsome well at least my drug dealers are they always give me shit on sale

• Nah I know plenty drug dealers from my local area due to mutual friends or acquaintances but I wouldn't bother with them since that is always bad shit to be tangled up on. But all tgat aside you warn go for that awesome bad boy go ahead I am sure it won't turn out too bad for you... em much... you'll be fine... I think :)

• Drug dealer is actually the bottom of the totem pole for bad boys. Go three levels up from him and you will start to see the real bad boys. He is expendable, that is why he is on the street exposed to police and other guys who want to push him out.

• what's 3 levels up?

• This may not be relevant to her area. That's more of a big city thing. Where I live its all just individuals or clicks not even gangs here soo its definitely relative to how things work were you live.

• Actually he's got a decent job as well as being a drug dealer.

• is he like a low scale pot dealer or are we talking other drugs, there is a pretty huge difference there

• yea, this. it depends on what they sell and if it's gang related.

• I wouldn't continue with him then, because the people he serves are probably really dicey, especially the coke buyers, and he's more likely to get caught selling multiple drugs

• rule of thumb: if he's selling drugs you couldn't find at a high school, don't go near him

• never. they're scum.

• I wouldn't, I know girls like bad boys, but don't cry when something bad will happen, asking here for help, what to do.

• Yes i would, but only to bust his ass. Do you mind giving his name and address. Thanks!

• Of course I'm going to do that... Let's not be an absolute mong hahahaha :')
      Bust his ass? He doesn't force people to buy the drugs, he's doing nothing wrong.

• That is like saying a pimp doesn't force people to use his girls. If they need the drugs legitimately go to a doctor. They will get what they need. He isn't doing them a service out of the kindness of his heart is he? Believe me what do you think he is going to do if a customer doesn't pay up? a real business might turn some one over to a collection agent, or take them to court or just write it off. HE isn't going to do that is he? So don't tell me that he is just a choir boy doing the community a service. He is preying on the weak... and more than happy to do so. What do you think he is going to do to do you when you don't do what he wants?

• Up to you. But he will be dangerous

• I've thought about that and if police catch him and I'm in his car then I'm also fucked.
      I kind of want to live dangerously whilst I'm still young, I'm 21 and I'm definitely not getting any younger xd

• You can have fun without associating yourself with a brute like that. Go to college parties if you want to get wild. No need for that kind of shady character

What Girls Said 11

• I've dated lots of drug dealers. judge me all you want idgaf but where I am from most guys have dabbled in drug sales here and there. there's different levels to drug dealers, however most of them are not worth taking seriously. if he's in a gang which he most likely will be, he's probably ignorant and broke but flexes like he has money. most of the flashy ones really are broke and only make enough money to buy jordans and reup their product. the ones who really do have money will either be in jail or dead soon. there are some decent ones, the ones who use hustling as a stepping stone or an additional income boost. I have met ones who had jobs and were in school but sold a little on the side to boost their income, they are usually ok. if he's selling nickel bags and grams of weed then he better not rely on that as his only source of income. if he selling yay/crack then he is probably dangerous af, in a gang, has killed or hangs around killers. the main thing that makes drug dealers bad is their job and the risks that come with it. but if drug dealing were legal theyd be like any other guy. non-drug dealers aren't automatically better people than drug dealers, its just the lifestyle that might make them not worth dating. I would never RECOMMEND like "hey girl you should date a dope boy" but im not gonna say he's automatically trash bc he does, because you could meet guys who are assholes who have good jobs too

• Here is where TV and reality part ways. There is nothing glamorous about your average street dealer. You will be on the cops' radar as well once you begin associating with him (trust me, cops know every dealer in their district). It can't and won't end well.

• You think being a drug dealer is sexy? Wtf? No, I would stay away. I'm not into drugs, I don't want to be around drugs, and he probably uses also. That's not the type of guy I'm into.

• You're making the biggest mistake if you do.

• No.
    1. Most probably he's a user too.
    2. He worsened the future of many people
    3. The chance of him worsening my future too is unavoidable
    4. He was or is or will be involved in some international mafia case which only brings doom, for him and for me

• Yeah that's some movie shit. Not real life

• Yes I do. The us is the worlds largest illegal drug market. It is movie shit. How manyndrug dealers you know on a personal basis?
      #1 wrong
      Never get high on your on supply. Hard to keep up with all the math and wheeling and dealing if your fucked up. The best dealers stay sober while working
      #2 wrong
      Drugs sell themselves he hasn't worsened anyones future because chances those users where using before they met him and will continue using long after.
      #3 more rare than common, most the time the cops only shake down the girlfriend to get her to snitch on what she knows. If she gets a lawyer she walks. Seen it to many times
      #4 lol nobody said he was scarface

• Well, sorry for my incompetence of giving opinion, thanks for elaborating it

• you can if you want to but for me i would vomit every time i smell him. plus it might start making you smell. You also might get arrested for using the drugs he sales. But, i'm not here to tell you what you can and can't do so YOLO, is what they say.

• I would never ever in a million years. And I dont find bad boys attractive by the way.
    For me is very important how people think about me and I like to be seen as a moral, immaculate, decent, honorable, principled lady and I wouldn't ever associate myself with a drug dealer.

• date: no.
    befriend: sure, but I'd avoid being in their house or car.

• I'm sure I've bumped into a bunch and I mind my own but am careful though.

• Yeah I dated one my cousin is one. Don't judge me

• Fuck no. He's most likely a drug user and so are his circle of friends.

• He only touches weed he told me, I've never been into someone like this :/

• All type of drugs are deal breakers for me, including weed. I have kids. I won't expose them to such person.