How to reject him after I said yes to a date?

So a guy in my class asked me out and I said yes but a couple days later I kind of realised that I don't really want to be with him, I want to be with somebody else and I just feel like we have NO chemistry. We haven't gone on a date yet.

How can I tell him that I don't want to now and when should I do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go. You're allowed to say "no" to whomever you want, but once you've agreed to go, I think it's really mean to break a commitment and hurt his feelings like that. Lifting him up just to disappoint him.

What Guys Said 2

• Go on the date anyway as you agreed. Just have fun. You don't have to fall in love you know.

• Try to go on the date to prove your point.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd find a way not to go lol it sounds horrible I know, but I absolutely hate leading people on and giving false hope and most importantly I don't want to hurt anyone (this being said from personal experience). Of course to avoid being cruel, maybe you can just be upfront and tell him that you'd just like to hang as friends and apologize for the mixed signals (i. e. saying yes and now changing your mind).