Is it a date or are we just hanging out?

I'm 20 and I met a guy (28) who works in a bar I go to once every few weeks. I saw him first a couple of months back and we'd chat briefly. A week ago he gave me his number and now we've talked every day since.

We've discussed our interests, hobbies, family. We even get pretty flirty. He's called me cute and innocent a few times too.

So this morning he asked me to go for a drink with him in the week, said he'd pay as well. I'm not sure if I should consider this a friendly meet up or a first date.

Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty damn sure that's a date in his mind.

What Guys Said 6

• At this point I would just consider it a meet up or just hanging out

• Both. There's not much of a difference between the two except for how much it costs and what you wear.

• Um... how were you allowed to be in a bar under the age of 21? It's probably a date, but for sure a friendly meet-up.

• Its clearly a date.

• Does not get any more obvious than this.

• 'Innocent' Is right. Definitely a date.

What Girls Said 6

• sounds like a date but go with no expectations, see how natural it feels while you are there and stop trying to label it. if you like him, remember he wants to spend time with you for a reason, however coming on too strong may be too much

• Date, but be careful with the drinks, try to see what his intentions are first. I always rather that the first date is dinner or something outdoors, not drinks.

• yes that is a date !

• Sounds like a date.

• Just make sure he's not just trying to get you drunk

• Sounds like a date. Think of it like applying for a job. This is all in the interview process. Word of advice hold out on sleeping with him, until you are sure you're in a committed relationship with him.