What should I do about my girlfriend?

So my girlfriend is a theater major at a different college then me. She told me she is volunteering with a theater group to be part of a play/performance that will be performed in May.

At first I thought that was nice, but then she told me about the play. It is a modified version of 'the full monty'... essentially it is a play about male strippers and their lives.

For a good portion of the play the male actors are in nothing more then skimpy boxer-briefs or revealing jock straps. For a small part of the play the male actors are actually fully nude.

Obviously being female she would remain fully clothed the whole time, but I told her I was not really comfortable with her being part of the play and being on stage with her male counterparts being nude or in skimpy underwear.

She told me that seeing the guys nude is just a part of the play and it won't effect our relationship and she still wants to do it.

What do you think? I really don't feel comfortable with her seeing about a dozen guys she goes to school with completely nude and in reveling jock straps. Most girls don't want their guys going to strip clubs and seeing girls nude, so I feel like this is sort of the same thing. But at the same time I feel bad asking her not to do it. Should I tell her again I'm not comfortable with it or just let her do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, this is nothing like strip clubs. She is doing this to further herself in what she loves doing. If she thinks it's a great opportunity, then you should support her. Seeing a guy nude does not make a women want them... penis's aren't the most attractive thing in the world.. just saying. Men go to strip clubs because they choose to and it turns them on.. this is not the same at all. If I were her and u didn't support me on it, i'd be pissed.

• It's one thing to support her in acting (and I do), but I think it's another to be a part of a play that she knows makes me feel uncomfortable. Would you be okay with your boyfriend being in a play that involved nude and scantly clothed girls?

• When it comes to acting, kissing and nudity it's ok because not crossing that line of being degrading. Sex in p*rn does and it's not something I would like my guy to do. To me you come across as not being able to trust your gf nor the guys on stage. As much as you say you're not worried of her cheat, you are. That, or you're worried she will leave you for one of these guys. If that's the case, work on being more confident in yourself. If she leaves you for one of the guys, then that just shows her true character and that the connection you two had was not as strong as you thought. I have expressed my opinion on the matter. I'm not a hypocrite for how I feel regarding certain acts, so you can take it or continue being insecure in your relationship. Up to you. I was just trying to help.
      PS. p*rn is also putting someone at risk of disease and it portrays sex as just sex, not an act of love or passion. In movies kissing, nudity and sex shows it as that (for the most part) and I respecttha

• Correcting: I would not like my bf doing p*rn

What Girls Said 4

• You can tell her how uncomfortable it makes you, I get why it would, but I think that's also kinda a part of acting

• So if you were me, would you want her to not go through with it or would you let it slide? I'm not saying I don't want her to act, I'm just not comfortable with this particular play where all of her male co-starts are going to be wearing skimpy boxers and jock straps for most of the play and fully nude for a part of it.

• If it was my boyfriend and girls would be like that I might ask him not to do it out of respect for me

• It's not really your choice to make.

Also keep in mind that your concern might make her feel like you don't trust her.

Trust her. Im sure all the actors will behave professionally.

• It's not that I'm worried about her cheating or anything, I just don't feel comfortable with her doing this particular play where all of her male co-starts are going to be wearing skimpy boxers and jock straps for most of the play and fully nude for a part of it. Am I being unreasonable that I don't want her seeing a bunch of guys like that?

• I'm not asking her not to pursue her goals, I'm just asking her not to do plays like this that involve nudity. By your logic, if the play has a makeout scene where they are both undressed, then I should be perfectly fine with my girlfriend making out with a half naked guy just because it's for 'art'? And by your logic, if I wanted to take art photos of nude girls every day, then that's fine to just because it's art?

• Yeah.
      It's not real intimacy. It's ACTING. that's why they're ACTORS. in a PLAY. it's just for show.
      Like when people make out in tv shows and movies, after they director says cut, they go back to minding their own damn business.

Ultimately, your opinion shouldn't change her decision in the play. You don't control her actions. Sure, you can voice your opinion or concerns but that doesn't mean she should stop doing the play just because you don't like it. You aren't in charge of her. She's an adult and can make her own choices without you.

• you should try getting to know the guys she is in the play with. hopefully after talking with them, you will understand that none of them would make a move on her. If you talk to them and some of them seem untrustworthy, then that is a serious concern that you need to address with your gf. I wish you the B=best of luck.

• Well like I mentioned, it has nothing to do with cheating. I trust her, but I don't feel comfortable with her seeing guys like that. I mean if your boyfriend was in a play that involved a bunch of nude and scantly clothed girls, would you be perfectly fine with it? Or would you want him to not do it?

• I personally would be okay with that, but that is mostly just because of my personality. I can understand how that would make you uncomfortable though. You and your girlfriend seem to have a very strong relationship, so if you don't want her to than you should tell her. Communication is a big part of any relationship, so if you feel uncomfortable she will most likely understand, but if she thinks that this is a great opportunity, then you have to understand her p. o. v.

• male bodies are not very attractive... man see women bodies and get aroused, I don't think female work that way...

What Guys Said 2

• When you are on the beach in the summer. You see loads of girls in bikini around you. Do you feel the urge to start humping them? Would you feel weird if your girlfriend would be jealous about that?

You answer to the aforementioned should say enough

• Thanks for replying. But I think a girl being in a bikini is a bit different then seeing guys completely nude. Being nude or even in revealing underwear/jock strap has a sexual connotation to it, being in a bikini is seen more as swim wear.

• One has a sexual connotation and is expected to be private and one does not and is expected to be private. My school even says in their art department hand book that models can wear swimsuits, but may not wear underwear because it can be seen the wrong way by the student artists. Same thing here.

• Woops that should have said and one is not and is expected to be public.

• That's so hot.