How do we get our white friend to break-up with her Asian boyfriend?

Our friend is our BFF, beautiful, wealthy, has a lot of friends and has a lot things going on for her. For a few months, she has been seeing this stereotypical Asian guy. Umm mean, look they do not match, my friend is taller than him. Everywhere they go, they draw attention (mostly negative). I do not know how the short Asian guy manage to steal her heart but my friend is not in her right mind dating this guy. My friend says she adores him and etc . She doesn't understand that her reputation is on the line with her friends, family, and will have Australia talking about them in public.

I just want my friend to be safe in our country.

Most Helpful Guy

• G'day mate!

Hey come on it's not your job to break them up! I get the stereotype of Asian men in western countries but it's still ultimately your friends decision. Besides you guys are kind of surrounded by Asia haven't you learned to be good friends with them? Like Asia has big economy now that fuels your country's economy! There should be friendly interactions!
    You can spill hate on her for it but that's all it can accomplish, just a bunch o' hate. Also maybe your friend is just stupid! I have a similar situation where my cousin is dating a guy shorter than her and about four years younger than her. My aunt asks us all to convince her to stop but she won't listen. You can't stop her but maybe she makes a choice other people regard as stupid! well it's still her choice i guess. if i broke them up i'd be a monster that breaks up relationships!

And there are plenty of hot Asian guys so yeah!

What Guys Said 16

• I just want to say... FUCK YOU

• small penis... no offense.

• why are you guys talking so weirdly?
      Go east Asian pride! 亚洲欢迎你

• @hypno-trip We're Asian, we're weird like that

• "her reputation is on the line with her friends, family, and will have Australia talking about them in public."

oh lol
    Dare I ask does he happen to be Muslim or FOB Chinese?

• You should let your friend make her own decisions

• Ugh, it's people like you that ruin dating.

• Honestly it sounds like she doesn't give a fuck and I don't think you should either, and next time don't tell people that he is Asian and the reason is because he is shorter than her that is just mean for you to say that and you are not a very good friend for wanting to break them up.

• Look, I love my best friend, however Australia is not ready for a white girl Asian guy pair. No offense.

• Well no offense taken, but I believe your friend will take offense if you try to do something about this relationship that she adores so much right now.

• How about next time you ask a question on here you use some common sense please. :)

• Can we all just be into whoever we want and leave eachother alone I'm sorry but please.

I'm tired of the prejudices. Let's just date who we want and reject who we dont, and not spoil everything for other people.

• why do you care that he is shorter. why do you care that he is Asian.
    You should support your friend and give the guy a chance

what don't you like about the guy? is he a jerk?

• 1/ Do you understand the meaning of love?
    2/ Do you want your friend to be depressed?
    3/ Are you afraid of the media and people?
    4/ It is her life, why do you care? Are you jealous or something?
    5/ If you want them to brake up, she has to do it, not you. That is the way to ruin your friendship..
    So let them be.. She will learn and grow out from this..

• How about this, they are happy, why fuck with it? I'm sure if you were in a relationship with a guy she didn't like she wouldn't try to break you guys up.

• And I just realized thatthis is an old question, damned news feed

• Wow a whole country would pay attention to a couple?
    Could that make them celebrities?

• If your friend is so dumb and low, don't even bother.

• Is them dating really that big a deal in AUS? Who's to say she likes him for him?

• Maybe you would be happier if you focus on who you're dating

• Moron or troll?

• You know what she needs to do? Ditch your sorry azz and get her some new friends. You have low self-esteem and horrible character. You don't even realize that you are JUDGING her when she is perfectly happy with who she is with. I can't believe people like you exist. Your friend is way more mature than you. Maybe you should focus on yourself because you clearly have some growing up to do.

• She will grow out of it and it won't last, cross race and cross culture raely do.

What Girls Said 9

• Tttttrrrrroooollllll

• Everyone is allowed to date whoever they want regardless of color, nationality, body type, etc. She's happy with him. Can't you be excited for her? You're supposed to be her friend.

• White girl dating an Asian guy is a no no.

• This isn't a USA thing. It's a PEOPLE thing. Meaning everyone on the planet.

• I don't live in the US I live in the country that use to be a part of your country

• First of all, respect your friend and her decisions! How is her reputation on the line? If people like her, they would be in full support of what she does! I know that you care for your friend and you want her to be liked, but she wants to date this Asian dude. So don't force them to break up! You don't know what you are saying honestly.

• Everywhere they go, they draw attention from onlookers. White girl dating an Asian guy is highly unusual in our country.

• Even a 13 year old gets it... I am disappointed

• @Ihav2fart Comprehension isn't defined by age but by how perceptive you are.

• ... Bitch, get over it. Unless, you are willing to put on a strap on and fuck her yourself, then shut up :D

• Who cares if they get judged. Nothing in race or looks should give somebody else the right to be judgmental.
    What does height have to do with it, what about his race. I don't see any problems with it. At first I thought it was going to be a violent boyfriend, but this is a different situation.
    If they love each other I don't see anything wrong. Who cares of the reputation, unless they get hurt by it I would rather request you to put an effort to support her.

• I hope this is just a made up question - someone trying to stir up the racially ignorant again.

• Just what we need, a rasist ignorant asshole...

• Ugh. I hate when people on this website state such ignorant comments. Look, darling, this isn't directed at you, but at the people who insist on lowering themselves to cursing in their opinions. My goodness.

Onto your dilemma. Funnily enough, I have a white friend who likes Asian boys. Yet can I stop her, and force her to like white males? No. It would make her unhappy. She likes what she does. I have my preferences, and so do you, your friend, and everyone else in the world. This may not be accepted in Australia, but if they are happy and truly love each other they won't care what others think. Of course, I am going to also assume she is young, and if we are being honest, young love/relationships don't ever really last.

I would not get involved if I were you, UNLESS he is manipulating her or abusing her, or creating an unhealthy relationship for her. You are her friend, and she needs your support. Plus, with everyone not liking her boyfriend, not only will she be MORE DRIVEN to STAY WITH HIM (humans seem to enjoy pissing off others by doing the opposite of what is expected/wanted of them, or basically doing what is BAD for them) but she will be extremely hurt and back away from trusting you, because you as her friend do not approve of her relationship.

My advice? Let things run their course. If it is meant to be it'll happen, if not then it won't. Don't force an issue unless you want to cause unnecessary drama between you and your friend.

*Plus, again, it probably won't last. Given your age above, your friend is in a similar age group (I'm assuming) and "love" at that age doesn't last forever (or rarely ever does).

• 👏👏👏👏👏 you clearly have a problem