Why isn't my boyfriend romantic?

My boyfriend is very respectful of me and we have been dating for almost two months. I really do like him but I feel as if my perspective on romance is nowhere near his. All of my other friends receive flowers or get taken on surprise dates and I end up feeling a little jealous and self conscious. I always show him ways that I care about him like cooking for him or planning dates. He hasn't even tried to makeout with me yet or touch me sexually and I'm scared to make the first move because I really don't know how he'll react. He's already told me that he loves me which I thought was kind of soon, and he does plan dates too but he's just not that affectionate or the door holding type. Guys, please give me some advice and peace of mind

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys r not raised to be affectionate, maybe he doesn't know how to show affection. My dad told me that he was sorry for not being the hugging affectionate dad, but he shows love differently, he said that he never got affection growing up therefore he doesn't know how to express it

What Guys Said 1

• maybe he's scared to make the first move as well? maybe he's waiting for your consent before doing romantic things, because he's worried that he'll scare you away?

What Girls Said 1

• Ew, what the fuu? Why are you with him?