Should I tell him I love him after dating for only 3 days?

Hi, I'm 13 and so is my boyfriend we have been dating for only 3 days and he all ready is saying that he loves me!
Should I say I love him back

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh. My. God.

• I wanted to post this, myself.

• ohhh dont be sad my friend @sp33d... i have seen lots of these 12-13 year olds talking about shit since now so u will find that one thread that is gonna do it lol :P

What Guys Said 45

• ... You're 13.

Jesus...

*sigh* Okay look.

1) You don't love him. You can't LOVE some one you've known for 3 days. You just like the idea of having a boyfriend because you subconciously think you're growing up. Because the media feeds all women and says that if they don't have a boyfriend, they're unhappy.

2) He's probably just as stupid for telling you he loves you. He's probably just telling you he loves you so he can have sex with you and then go around showing off to his childish friends that he's now "a man".

3) For heaven's sake, please get off this website. You're far too young to be doing these things.

• Well, if you're asking us here then that's a sign that you're unsure, which is TOTALLY fine.

Regardless of your age, love is a big thing, a huge word. You'll know when you're ready to share that with him.

Good luck!

• I think your bf said it before he shouldve. Even if you are sure of your feelings, it is dangerous to say "i love you" that early in the relationship. You are in a tough situation because if you don't say it, he might get hurt, but you don't want to be pressured into saying it if you don't mean it. Try setting aside a very long extended period of time to spend with him, if you truly feel it at that time, it will come out easily, if not tell him "lets try to take things slower so that our relationship can last, its not that i don't love you, its just that i think its too early to say it and i think it could be bad for our relationship if we say it too early".

I've been in the same situation. My first gf told me she loved me less than a half hour after i asked her out, i said it back without hesitation because i actually felt it at that time and plus my emotions were all out of whack because i asked her out right after a funeral. But long story short, she decide that she said it too early and by 4 months she knew that she didn't really love me to begin with and she broke my heart.

So be careful in this situation. If you feel it, say it. If not, use the quote from earlier and hope for the best. Good luck!

• You're 13! Go back to chewing bubble gum and roller skating. You're just a child. What does your Daddy have to say about all this?

• Yes say it back! When i was your age i kept telling my gf at the time that i loved her and i was young and happy. And she was happy. But you will understand what the real meaning of love is when you are older!

• Love is established through time... what he is feeling for you is puppy love or really really like after three days.

Love should only be used when you truly mean it.

Based on that you should be able to decide, whether it is too early or it is fine to say back.

• Love is not comfirmed for a person until all trust is given, all loyalty is received, and all shadows of doubt become dismantled because you DO love him and he DOES love you back. you'll know this when Iit happens, its great feeling
    I felt it at age 24. What I knew In my heart for certain became crystal-clear in an instant. Ever since, without provacation, I pine after my lady day and night.
    Don't hesitate to ask his feelings on the matter.

I suggest giving some time and thought to this issue. Dont blurt it out just yet! (:

• umm i would say no... its almost 99% sure he will freak the fuck out. at my age i would still pause at that so early on and i have gotten pretty use to everyone flinging that word around all willy nilly. if ur actually under 18 aka in high school it will almost positively scare him. it would be better to ask him if u think u two are starting to bond at a deeper lvl or something like that. suggesting ur bonding but not crushing him with that word.

• No. Bad idea. Let him propose. And you are a child. Wait wait wait. . .

• No, just no. That's way too soon to be throwing around such a powerful word.

• He's too young to understand what he is getting himself into, and so are you.
    But hey, if you love him, say it back.

This shouldn't happen though. 13 is too young for you to understand what relationships should be like, including understanding the difference between love and feeling butterflies over the person who wants you just as much as you want them.

• YOU'RE ONLY F#$%^%$# 13 DUDE ! YOU STILL NEED PERMISSION TO GET ON DISNEYLAND. COM... and i am 15 which means that i am also young but i never tried that shit...
    PS : I've always wanted to pull this disneyland joke so dont take it too far :p

• I don't think you should because even though I'm only 14 I think it is to strong of a word and it should only be used if you are a year or two into the relationship

• And only say it if you actually truly love him, I would know and I said I love you to girls and I just said it because I didn't know how much it actually means or what it actually ment.

• Two 13 year olds dating...

• Damn I feel so old the times are changing GO BACK TO SAYING BOYS ARE YUCKY DAMMIT!!!

• no. just no no no. you don't love each other. you will break up and move on in a week or two.

• Uhhh simple answer is no. Love is a strong word and often times young teenagers will say it without meaning it. I once made that mistake when I was 14 I told a girl I loved her. At that age if someone says they "love" you they are just doing it because they think that is simply what people in relationships do. I hate to be the guy to say this particularly because if someone said this to me when I was your age I'd be frustrated but: You'll understand when you're older.

• Ummm... I feel extremely old after reading this. When I was 13, girls and boys were just starting to kinda notice each other a bit, but nowhere near LOVE.

• Okay, You are 13. And you have only been with him for three days? I think love, It should only be used when you and him commit to marriage or something like that. You are light years away form that right now.

• My first girlfriend was your age. I knew I loved her and meant it when I told her. Sometimes I felt like she didn't. Then a situation came up involving my sister's ex and her. Even after she explained it to me, it still didn't make any sense. Long story short, make sure you have no doubts in your mind about your feelings for him before telling him you love him as well. There's a vast difference between 'love' and 'in love'.

• Yeah, why not? I doubt the two of you really know what love is at that age, but, if it lets the two of you feel good and have fun, go on ahead. Just dong expect anything crazy out of this relationship.

• Regardless of your ages, say him, its better to get him in the age frm where he can't love anyone else expt u :)

• Way to soon girl , it was around 3 mnths before my girl said she loved me and it was a good 2.5 before i said it to her. you will know when its the right time you listen to your heart will tell you when its right

• hilarious.. for only 3 days? i suggest a big NO!

• Things that start fast end faster.

• Sure. Making stupid mistakes and playing at love are part of growing up.

• Yes. You're 13. 13 year olds say stupid stuff like that.

• My first reaction when I saw this was "WTF" 😂😂😂 no dont say it, and if you do, than you're not really in love. I would advise you to screenshot this question and look at it again 5 -10 years from now

• you're 13, you're not in love
    Hell, you're not even dating really

It doesn't even matter yet

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 52

• This is so precious.

When is your 1 week anniversary? http://replygif.net/i/1523.gif

• He's so hot. Especially when he bites his finger hahaha

• Your only 13 lovey your too young to know what dating and stuff really means for a start, 3 days is way too fast to tell anyone you love them, don't take example of people these days that take things super fast and move in with someone or are having sex even after 2 or 3 months, getting to know who someone really is takes even over a year, you don't know a person till you know really know every single thing about someone, down to their little cute habits and the little quirky things they do or their annoying habits etc... I think tell him to stop saying he loves you and to slow way... down.

• No no no no no no that is complete infatuation and lust honey NOT LOVE. It takes time and you do not get that close to someone in that short amount of time.

• Look sweetie, you're really young! And when you're young, relationships can be so exciting! I get it, I really do. However keep in mind that there are different kinds of love. There's love between spouses, love between parent and child, and someone who loves their new pet puppy! And when experiences are fun, and feel good, it's easy to fall in love. I know that it might not make sense to you right now, but this kind of love you feel is different. I think this is just excited, young, new relationship love. Maybe you should ask some adults you know who are married or in long term relationships, figure out what love truly means, and how long they were together before they fell in love or got married. Either way, enjoy your new experience, it's exciting! Just try to take a step back and be a little realistic.

• first of all be careful. usually when guys move that fast they are just looking to use you or trap you. be aware of any red flags or behavior that makes you feel strange or stressed. if he really does love you he will respect your feelings and boundaries. if he doesn't then he doesn't really matter anyway.

• No.

3 days is quite soon unless you've been crushing on each other for ages.

Secondly, if you aren't sure how you feel (aka asking us, but I feel you are asking for clarification if it is okay rather than how you feel?) then you should never say strong things like I love you. General rule in life.

Good luck.

• LMAO! NO! What a joke! You guys are kids. Stop lying about being in love. You don't even know each other well enough to love each other.

• I will say it is possible to love someone at any age. But in my opinion no it's not. Saying you love someone is something that is supposed to be big and special and most relationships at your age don't work out and they shouldn't. And I'm not an old lady I'm only 23 with the mind of a kid lol. But I am engaged. Growing up I had boyfriends and I'd fallen in love twice but never like this. And I used the love word too soon and by using it so much it has less meaning. You may have been dating for three days but how long have you known each other and been friends not just went to school together because that matters too?

• ya, you can tell him you love him, but honey, unfortunately you dont know what true love is, and believe me when you get older and get engaged or married, and your fiance or boyfriend asks you "to how many people did you say you love them" you dont want to say to 10... you want to say " you are the first" at this stage, i dont think you know what love is, i have a little brother that is 13 now, he has a "school" girlfriend, and he is smitten with the idea of having a "girlfriend" but believe me, love only comes later in life, i made a mistake like that a few times

• Noooooo! You're still young. I think you should only say "I love you" when you truly mean it.

• Love, is something that get's stronger each day, and you only can be sure that it's love after dating for a really really long time, without that lightweight feeling going away. You would be selling yourself, and your boyfriend short if you allow him and especially yourself to tell each other that you love one another. Tell him you want to take it slow and do things right. When you fall in love you won't have to ask. The feeling you get right now is excitement, the relationship is new! when that excitement fades, you will learn what love really is.

• I never knew what love was at 13.

• I think you guys are in the "puppy love" "honeymoon" stage of a relationship and its a little too soon, you won't know your feelings for someone right away. Plus if you have to be asking someone then your not ready. I had a friend who's boyfrind said I love you within the first week and the relationship didn't last longer than a month, I'm not saying that'll be you, but stay true to what you think and don't feel pressured to say it back. One of my boyfriends told me he loved me and I wasn't ready to say it back because I didn't know my feelings for him and at first he was mad but he realized that I wasn't ready and needed more time to figure out my emotions.

• In my opinion, no. My boyfriend and I waited over three months... it is a big deal to say the L word. When the time is right, you will know. He said it a bit early. Just give it time. Besides, you are only 13... enjoy being 13... being in relationships is both stressful and fun. A lot of fun. Just be careful and look out for yourself. Make sure you are comfortable with everything. Good luck! :)

• No you are too young, enjoy your youth trust me when I tell you is not love, I'm 21 and have only say I love to one guy and it was after almost 7 months of dating and he was my friend 2 years prior. Please wait. Love take time to develop. It doesn't happen over night

• If someone told me they loved me after only that long of dating, I'd run for the hills and never look back. It's just a little bit psychotic.

• The naivety...

• Cute.. the two of you have no clue what that means. I do hope he treats you like a lady and the two of you have fun together though.

• No. Even if you do, it sounds rushed and desperate. I fell in love with my boyfriend very quickly, but I still waited two months into our relationship before I said it out loud. I wanted to be SURE I did when I said it.

• I am also 13 and my boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 wks. He hasn't said he loved me and I never said I loved him yet. It is way to soon to say those words. I would just hug him or say awe if he says I love u.

• Say it when you feel ready.

• Only if you mean it

• No.
    Its been 3 days, you're 13.
    That's infatuation not love.
    Give it a couple years and see.

• No don't say it back! You don't want him thinking you're easy lol Wait awhile, make him work for it haha you'll learn when you get older

• I bet it will last like 2 weeks

• LOVE IS A HUGE WORD..

LOVE IS FAMILY

boyfriend at 13 years old plus just lasting 3 days is not love it is a crush hun.

• Only if you think you do. Never say or do anything you don't want to do either. So if yoy honestly think you do, go for it. 👍 good luck.

• Sweetie that's going to scare him off. Never drop the L-bomb too soon and unless you know he is the right guy.

• i don't think so because you can't fall in love with someone after 3 days. he's probably just saying it so it would be hard to break up with him or something

• More from Girls
    22