Would you find it attractive if your boyfriend was a little less intelligent than you are?

Consider the gap in intelligence noticeable, however not enormous. He can function perfectly well in society, but you have the edge in arguments and discussions.

How would you feel about that?

• Dealbreaker. I can't tolerate this at all.
  • Dealmaker. I prefer a guy that is slightly less intelligent.
  • I'm willing to put up with it, but he better make up for it.
  • I don't know/Undecided

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a guy. You're already smarter than ALL girls cuz you have two heads and we have weak girly minds :)

• The penis is not intelligent at all. It cripples rational thought, and for guys with shallow depth of mind, this makes them the ultimate douchebags.

• You scholar.

• It's not a turn on nor off. It's just meh. Another thing.

What Girls Said 12

• I think I would prefer to be more intelligent as I would feel unworthy of someone who is more intelligent than I am. Neither situation would be a dealbreaker for me if I truly liked the person, but ideally it would be nice to be with someone who is on the same level as I am.

• It's rare to see a girl prefer "equal or less" when it comes to her ideal guy.

• Oh really? I thought it would be common. If someone is way smarter than I am I'll just feel dumb all the time. It would just make me feel inadequate.

• Me being an already smart woman, I can't really tolerate when someone is less intelligent than I am or if they are just ignorant in an argument since things an only be their way.
    This might be shallow, sure, but I've never had a tolerance for it in the dating world. I'll be nice to you, I'm not a jerk, just don't expect me to be crazy in love with you.

• So, you want a man smarter than you are?

• As smart as me, though I have no problem if he is smarter since I have a need to learn everything I can and I can learn stuff from him when he tells me about his day or about class or about work. Just not so smart that is cocky about it

• I prefer to be slightly more intelligent or at the same level but knowledgeable on many different topics to keep things interesting. (:

• I would honestly want someone at my same intelligence level or a bit higher. Really, though, if I truly loved him it wouldn't matter. But normally I look for someone at my level. :)

• I prefer a guy that's smarter than me. I love the challenge and the opportunity to learn new things.

• Where is the option for "I feel neutral about it" ?

• No has! Pero es avocado mas culo!

Fiy peso.

• Quite impressive!
      You should listen to Russian players playing Dota 2. They are hilariously amazing!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbp2F-wN5M

• Rrrawshun. Kill you. Foreigners are fun. You probably have an accent too.

• That's a turn off.

• Hmm I like a guy who's about the same as me-- which isn't to say I mind having an edge in discussions ;) but he'd better be able to hold his own.

• I love to argue, but I wouldn't mind because I love to win.
    There should also be more to relationships, than just intellect.

• My guy is a little less intelligent than me, but he is not an idiot and he enjoys learning so that makes it ok.

A dumbass is a deal breaker. I don't care for brainless meatheads

• It's attractive that's he's intelligent, but I don't mind one way or the other about who's smarter.

• I'm fine with him being a little less intelligent, as long as he is sweet and cares about me, I don't see what the problem would be :)

What Guys Said 6

• It depends, so I voted C).
    Primarily because you don't have to be much more intelligent. You don't even have to be *more* intelligent. I'd say there is a minimum threshold for this, some people I just don't see a purpose in talking to, let alone be attracted to them. Yeesh.

• Turning the tables, I'd be ok with it if she was of equal or greater intelligence to me.

It's not intimidating at all; I'd just go do some more fancy book learnin' so I could beat her!

• I would love to date a girl smarter than me, so I hope a girl wouldn't mind that im a dumbass.. I keep finding these girls that are dumber than me and im like... how is this possible.

• Lmfao! I cannot stop laughing at "I keep finding these girls that are dumber than me and im like... how is this possible."
      XD

• basically either the girl or the boy would be less intelligent than the other... no?

• I would want to at least be a little bit smarter.

• there's no neutral option.