What is dating and why do we date?

Dating is a fool's errand. Driven only by hormones. It's the same as drugs and alcohol, which leaves you wanting more.

What is dating and why do we date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating is to find out if you are truly compatible with another person of mutual affection to reproduce with and to rely on each other when you live together in the future, if it gets that far. That being said, I think that fact that you say dating is only driven by hormones is ignorant.
    Dating isn't driven by hormones at all, the act of choosing someone, or choosing a mate, has to do with pheromones and a lot of other chemicals our body produces. For example, a gland in our nose picks up on pheromones of another individual. We hold hands to see if their hand is cold or warm when we hold it for psychological reasons because if their hand is cold, they aren't attracted to us and we become less attracted to them but if their hand is warm, they are attracted to us and we become more attracted to them as well. We actively and unconsciously look for a mate who's immune system is drastically different from ours so that when we produce offspring, they will have a strong immune system when they are healthy.
    It's not all hormones, my dear. Hormones come into play when you start becoming physical (from a biological standpoint). When you start becoming physical with your mate, your body releases feel good hormones like oxytocin to make you happier afterwards.

• You just discredited yourself by saying ... lot of other chemicals our body produces.

What makes you happy? Dopamine. Dopamine is a hormone.

• But, you didn't answer my question. You sound angry, you need some dopamine.

• But I did answer both question in the first sentence of my opinion. Sorry if I come off a tiny bit angry, people who don't broaden their perspective annoy me a little.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Why even exists then?
    You in the end is nothing more than a vessel that carries entropy forward

• The why are drugs illegal and dating is not?

• Dating and doing drugs and alcohol is a choice. It's only illegal because drugs and alcohol makes you happy the most quickest and efficient way than dating. It's our own body, we should have a choice!

• No , because drug and alcohol may induce a person to commit anti-social or violent behavior that might be harmful to the people AROUND them.

• Dating is process in which we determine suitable partner.

We date so we can *try* and filter out the asshole, the slut, the liar, the disloyal, the creeper, and many more.

Dating is also fun.

• People date for they can know if they are compatible with the other person. It's a bad idea to enter a relationship without having to known the person first and see if there is any compatibility going on.

• to see if you and the other person could live your lives together. If you can great, if you can't the glad you didn't get married right?

• Dating is an activity used to boost women's egos and destroy men's self esteems

Why do we do it? Because we're stupid and sadistic and it's human nature

• I don't wanna live on this planet.