Nobody thinks im pretty on GAG? I hate myself?

I used to think I was pretty but now my self esteem has gone down so low and I'm beginning to find myself ugly. I put my picture on here one time and everyone thought I was average. And on GAG I always see other girls getting mentioned but not me. I dont get it because when I am out in public (not to sound conceited) people stare and strangers come up to me saying I'm beautiful. I was one. of the prettiest girls in high school, I get asked out a lot, one stranger even wanted to photograph me. So why doesn't anyone find me pretty on here? I dont exhibit any vanity. I am nothing but nice on here. I dint find myself pretty anymore. Please don't be mean to me I'm already sad

GAG as in girlsaskguys
Im actually 16

Most Helpful Girl

• If you base your happiness off of other people's perceptions of you, you are going to hate yourself.
    "You could be the juiciest peach in the world, but not everyone loves peaches."

Take this example:
    Two people come out of a movie screening. I comes out crying, the other comes out asking for a refund... It's not the movie, it's the viewers perception. You can't change that.

Take control of what you can: people you surround yourself with, activities you involve yourself in, the way you take care of your physical health and the way you think of yourself and others. Because it's not your looks that define you.

And I assume that you want to attract someone that loves what you are because of what you do... Not because of what you look like, or you'll just attract sex hungry pigs that don't want anything meaningful with you because they don't see beyond looks.

Besides, your looks change as you age and youth, in itself, is the most beautiful thing that not everyone can have for long.

• Makeup or no makeup, just be confident in yourself. You treat yourself the best, because you deserve the best and you will only attract the best. Don't think anything less. This is you! There is only one you! And you're beautiful because of your strengths

• Live* lol message me anytime, I'll do my best. But I feel like you already knew this deep down inside and you just needed some words of affirmation.

• Thank you for MHO, this helps me a lot (:

What Guys Said 14

• When it comes to beauty it truly is in the eye of the beholder, there will be people out there who think you are beautiful or pretty, and there will be people out there who think you aren't beautiful or pretty. As long as the people you care about, and you want in your life think you are beautiful I wouldn't worry about it. I agree with what many on here have said already. This is the internet it is large and full of mean people so just blow them right off and dont worry about a thing they are saying about you. That is the best advice I can give you.

• I don't want to discount your feelings, but honestly, why give a shit what people on here think?

People on GaG can be really cliquey anyway, so a lot of those rate me type questions don't hold much water in real life.

• Nobody mentions underage girls here. When you will touch 18+ category, you'll observe a flood of people mentioning you.

• I've been mentioned before on here & I've seen other girls too.

• Your not being rude, but I've been mentioned a few times & so have others. (I wouldn't really say I have friends here) She probably just isn't well known enough to get mentioned. I bet she's a smoking hot babe lol. As i said before, in my actual opinion on here, I don't think she should worry about I people on the internet because she probably is very pretty & took the pic weird.

• @Littlett25 - no problem. I advise you to first check the real intentions of the person before criticising him/her.
      Anyway, you will learn overtime, have a nice day.

• you should't feel bad about who you are, i also felt bad about my looks until a girl told me she liked me more than just as friends, even though other guys said i had bad looks, you should't drive yourself by what other think or don't think about you. if someone should feel bad it should be them, for saying that

• "Please don't be mean to me I'm already sad"

Allowing anonymous comments probably wasn't a good idea then. But yeah GaG is the last place you need to be looking for approval. It would be like asking for a dogs opinion on your financial statements

• Average is good and looks aren't everything your 45+ you of all people should know that looks fade.

• Not sure if serious.

Majority of people in here are youngsters that are 18-24 years old. It would be surprising if they would be attached to someone who's twice their age more than to girls around their age.

• You shouldn't look for strangers approval, I mean it's just GaG.. I wonder who you are.

• If you're 16 you are too young for me too comment.

• You mean 9GAG?

• Not everyone will find you pretty.. whats the big deal if one person finds you ugly/unattractive?

• people on the internet are never satisfied, they have to point out those small flaws which everyone has, i am pretty sure you are no aphrodite but going by the description i also know your looks would intimidate me in public. If people call you average here, you are basically considerably above average in real, you just don't have the tendency to mask yourself through filters, make up etc. plus cmon, look at most of us men here ha ha ha, 99% of us are not even good looking or buff so relax

• I'm going to be honest, the people on this website are very strange when it comes to attraction. I wouldn't worry what the people here think.

• 1) That's what you get for relying on other people to give you the image you see of yourself, instead of you doing that

2) When you post up those silly "rate me" questions, you're asking for what people think. If you aren't ready to hear anything less than what you want to hear, don't ask them.

Actually, just plain don't ask them to begin with. People are never taught and are never aware that they need to WORK to gain a solid sense of self-confidence. But that is precisely what you, and everyone else, needs to do.

What Girls Said 14

• there are so many people who troll on here. many of them go on anonymous and are super rude to others. it happens. if you're 16 you probably get a lot of "you're too young for me to judge" which is not equivalent to people disagreeing that you're pretty, it just makes them feel weird. don't let random strangers on the internet determine your confidence though hon, it's so bad for you and it's a very slippery slope. you have to look inside yourself for confidence, not depend on other people or else it will just get worse as you get older. just look in the mirror and tell yourself you're pretty. it might seem weird but it's not a bad idea.

• Lots of users on GaG have either called me average or ugly. I never get mentioned in those "who's the prettiest Gagger?" "Which gagger would you date?" etc questions either. But I figure they're mainly popularity contests anyways lol
    You shouldn't let strangers validate yourself girlie! Seriously. This is why you end up feeling like crap. Sometimes we gotta Kanye up and love ourselves despite our many flaws. Even so, being ugly isn't the worst thing in the world.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkGHlC7CQAIDsnd.jpg

• well id like u to know that you are beautiful, and i dont even need to know who u r. ugliness is a construction. it's an idea that people made up just to separate them into categories. in the end we are all beautiful, fearfully and wonderfully made. u already know that u look good, now just remember that inner beauty will reflect on your outer beauty even more. this quote is so mainstream but it's very real.
    www.seecrazy.com/.../funny-love-quotes.jpg

• Average is good lol. No need to worry about stupid strangers on the internet if you have people randomly coming up to you & saying your beautiful. Your pictures were probably just took weird, people saying that in person is what you should really be thinking about.

• Its sad that you're 14 and this smart and smarter than a lot of the older people on here. Keep up the good work kid :)

• I like you a lot too. People like you keep me going in life. And I know I'm older than you and I feel so ashamed to be whining here but lately I've been so sad and not only because of this.

• Awe that's so sweet asker! Thank you :) I hope everything in your life straightens out & you can get back to being your confident, happy self!

• Well this is an opinion site. Which means it's full of opinionated individuals, meaning your best bet is to NOT ask their opinion of your looks. Everybody's a critic. A lot of people don't get mentioned a lot on here. Myself included. Doesn't mean anything. It's the Internet at the end of the day. If people come up to you and tell you you're beautiful, then why on earth do you care what these people think?

• Sweety, you need to stop dwelling on the opinions of strangers as your guide to self worth. In the end it's only your own opinion that counts.
    You said you thought you were pretty before coming on here, that's what's telling you you are. I have self esteem issues too, it's natural. Stop trying to make everyone happy, that is a impossible task.

• Oh no!!! Life is going to end because random strangers you will never meet tell you you are not pretty!!! Sounds the alarms people.

• You shouldn't be relying on others to help build you SElF-esteem hun. Who cares what people on here think. Keep yourn head up and work on your self este and confidence. Im Sure you're a stunnaaa (:

• You are still young! Gag is full of weirdos and fakes.

• All i know that guys in here like girls that use no make up!! once a girl use makeup they talk bad...

but hey, no matter if you are ugly or pretty! love yourself
    Don't you get upset what others think! of you

• The only person whose opinions about your appearance is your own. Who cares what others think as long as you think you look good? Confidence looks good on everyone.

• Well you shouldn't care about what strangers on GAG think about your appearance.

• Eh GAG is full of lies anyway. Don't worry, you probably take bad pictures or the people here don't know what beauty is.

• You get stares irl and strangers come up to you to tell you you're beautiful.. I'm sure the majority who get mentioned don't share thaf in common with you. Dont feel bad :)