Too embarrassed to tell this guy I can't drive?

So I am 17 turning 18 in 3 months and the guy I like Just turned 21. im very concerned about starting a relationship with anyone but especially him because he is older and unlike me he has his life put together. Yes he still lives at home but he has a job and makes good money, has his own car and can drive while I'm still in high school (senior) headed to college in August, I do not have a job (but I do people's hair for money) I don't even have my freaking license yet at 17 which is embarrassing and I don't have a car although I am getting one for my birthday in the summer and taking driving courses in the summer as well. I'm getting it together but at the same time I feel like I have nothing to offer him. Everytime we plan something it gets messed up and he's getting fed up. I can't bring myself to tell him that I don't have my license. Stupid? I know but it's really embarrassing that my MOM would have to drop off / pick me up or a friend I don't know what to do? How do i tell him? He might think I'm pathetic

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you are 17, any guy with half a brain is going to realize that you are still in school, don't have a lot of money, and won't have your own car. He should be expecting that you are still working on your license and it will be perfectly normal to have your parents drive you for now. If he expects you to drive he is an idiot. I was 23 when I started dating my wife, she was also 17. I automatically assumed she wasn't licensed. That was just common sense. In Canada we have a graduated license system. It takes about 2 years to get your full license. You can start the process at 16. I think most areas have something like this now. One great part of our relationship early on is that I basically taught her how to drive. It was a great bonding opportunity for us. It can be for you too! Don't be embarrassed about it. Be honest. We will probably enjoy being the one to teach you.

What Guys Said 4

• I doubt he makes good money, probably okay money. Anyway, just be honest with him. He'll find out eventually, and if he breaks up with you because of it, the relationship wasn't meant to be. Have a plan to get your license. Most importantly, don't ever be ashamed of something like that.

• Just be honest and if he asked you tell the truth and if he walks you dont want a guy like that in your life anyway

• I know plenty of people my age who don't know how to drive yet, and many more whose parents wouldn't let them drive until at least 18. It's a silly thing to worry about.

• I would say most guys wouldn't care. As long as you are fun to be with... I'd say it won't matter. I'd drive my woman everywhere and anywhere as long as she was a pleasure to be with.

What Girls Said 1

• Or he might offer to teach you how xD guys love showing off. If he already thinks you're cute Im sure he will find pretty cool to teach his potential girl how to drive.