Why is people against online dating?

I do online dating/social sites i know people think its not safe but im smart about it, i dont really get out much lol i used to but not anymore i work a lot and barely have weekends off i just feel basically most guys on dating sites are just like me actually looking for a significant other and ofcourse there's some that look for sex only. But anyways i met a guy on pof dating site and i aslo met a few on okcupid... but i recently met up with a guy on Facebook and omg he's hansome, funny cool, &awesome so far but people saying im insecure/thirsty and should get out more and find a good man... they think dating sites are for desprate people... i think everyone should give it a try its not bad its pretty cool what would be a reason why you wouldn't do it why are you agaisnt it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do it. its a great way to meet people

What Guys Said 5

• Ignore the haters. My wife @GraySailorsBride and I are an eHarmony couple. We will have been married for 9 years this coming June.
    Best decision I ever made was getting that eHarmony membership.

• Now days it can be hard to meet someone. From what I find people are afraid of the creepers on the web.

• Not really dating sites are better for women then for men because the sheer amount of men outnumber the amount of girls on these dating sites. let it be POF, Tinder, Eharmony etc.

A guy did an experiment by making a fake girl profile with a semi average picture. and the amount of comments he received within the first hour was ridiculous about 62 or so?

So pretty much chances of a girl reading your message is really slim.

• Never mind what people say. Talk to these people and meet up with them and decide for yourself.

• They is because dangeritis

What Girls Said 1

• Im against it cuz I all the guys That I've met on the internet were assholes. You cannot trust someone that you haven't seen yet and you cannot be %100 sure about his character.