I told him "I love you" but instead of saying it back, he kept repeating "aww" and just seemed really happy?

We've been together 4 months. A couple of months into the relationship, he said "I love you" while half asleep a few times. I said it back but I'm not sure if he heard me. He hadn't said it since. I said it last night while we were on verge of falling asleep. And he asked me to repeat myself even though I know he had to have heard me. He sounded so happy, but he didn't say it back, just kept saying,"Awww!" and while hugging me tighter and kissing me tenderly. He was grinning ear to ear as I got ready to leave for work. (We don't live together, but I sleepover 2-3x per week.) I'm not sure what to make of this. Ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a pet.

What Guys Said 2

• Just give him time.

• Maybe he thinks you don't like it when someone says it back after one person has said it.

What's with you guys waiting until you're almost asleep though? You're both very odd.

What Girls Said 1

• Perhaps while he was dreaming, he didn't realize that Only in his subconsciousness he had uttered and Muttered-----I love you.
    However, now, with not having heard this in a Month of Mondays, in Reality, he most likely feels cozy and comfy with things being as they are in this moment in time and doesn't want to get More into this 'Relationship' without Committing himself Completely with these three little words.
    With him saying "Awww!" and not returning this in return, his 'Hugging me tighter and kissing me tenderly,' is telling me plenty, that actions are speaking louder than words and he in 'Return is just not Ready right Now... I'm sure what to make of this.
    Give him time. Silence is golden on your own part right at this point in time. When the moment is right, old Mother Nature will tell you and with this, a Kiss may end up to seal the deal as well.
    Good luck. xx