Would you rather be in a relationship with someone that has the same personality as you or the opposite personality?

Personally I would want to be in a relationship with someone that shares the same morals and perhaps interests, but definitely wouldn't want to be with someone that has the same personality or is the "male version of me" because I feel like that would be boring- like constantly hanging out with myself and always knowing what they are thinking, etc. I want someone that compliments me. For example, say we were the same- if we were both very dominant, I feel like we would never resolve arguments and if we were both very submissive I feel like we would never voice our concerns aloud. What does everyone else think? Which possibility do you think has a higher chance of working out in a relationship?

• Same personality- I want to be with the male/female version of me
  • Different/opposite personality- I want to be with someone that has a different personality than me

Most Helpful Guy

• Well there are some of my own qualities that i would want my lartner to share, but others that i would want to compliment my own qualities (but not necessarily be the opposite of them). For instance: I want a girl who shares my over-affection, caringness, sweetness, humor, protectiveness, and clingyness. But as i am very dominant, i would want her to he submissive but assertive enought voice her concerns. And also i am very quiet and self reserved, so i would want a rather chatty and interesting girl so as to fill the silence. So a healthy mix of both would be the best in my opinion.

What Guys Said 3

• Every time someone asks a "what kind of personality is the best for gurls" question or something like that, I always end up nearly describing myself, and also describing my crush and past crushes (partially).

So I guess the same personality? But like the female version, ya know?

• Similar personality, not the same.

• Hmm someone of similar personality would be best for me personally.

What Girls Said 1

• I mean I would love the same personality! But, I don't think anyone can ever be my twin. If rather more in common than different with personality, but maybe a few differences. I voted A just because I want mostly like me, but for instance I can be very hot headed (the only thing I don't like about my personality, but I'm working on it) so another hot headed person = bad idea...