Girls, would you date a guy who owns a lawn business?

So I've had a lawn care business for a long time and I really love it. I shutdown most of my business and went and got a job, not realizing how nice I had it before. Working for someone else just drives me nuts and stresses me out all at the same time. So basically I'm in the process of turning it back into something that could support me. Do you think girls would think I'm a loser if that's how I make a living? Hey it's what I like to do and it pays really good cause the business has little overhead.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you don't mind me asking, where do you live, is it mostly warm year round there? also what and how do you charge? and what would you make in a given week or month?

• I charge about 25-40 dollars it depends on the yard, but I shoot for 30 dollars and hour. How much you make depends on your equipment and where your yards are located. This is with a 21'' commercial lawn mower, backpack blower and commercial trimmer. I'm going to work my way into getting a zero turn mower so hopefully I can increase my profit by 50 percent.

• Yes it does slow down a lot in the winter, but I still cut yards in the winter. Usually I get a part time job in addition to my yard cutting and I do just fine through the winter.

• nice, maybe that is a good way to start a lutherie business for myself, cut grass, make guitars and basses, and wind guitar pickups... sorry if you don't know what guitar pickups are, i could explain if you want me too, but im just thinking out loud

What Girls Said 3

• Yea that's a fine job nothing's wrong with that

• Hell yeah I would. What is wrong with having a lawn business? That sounds awesome.

• I don't see why not, if they do, then they're not the right person for you! Having your own business is a cool thing, and having the drive to do it is pretty damn impressive to me.

What Guys Said 5

• There's nothing wrong with having a business like that the agriculture guys that work around here make pretty good money, they often freelance for the town doing bigger jobs like parks it's good honest work.

• The only thing that makes you anything close to a loser is the fact that you shut down the business. I envy you owning your own business, and I know that girls will like that too.

• Well it's physical labor, but if you make a good living and you like doing it then screw the people that don't like it.
    You can always expand on it if you want it to seem more "respectable" and get some guys to do landscaping or something similar.

• Just think out 15 years and make sure you can still do it. if you just run it, thats different. Just sayin.

• You Mexican?