Would you date a girl with a facial brithmark?

So I'm a typical 16 year old teenage girl. I adore fashion (I always try to dress well. My style is sort of preppy, and sometimes daring if I can get away with that), and my hair is amazing (not to sound full of myself because trust me- I'm really not. It's probably my best feature, that's all). I also work out and try to keep myself fit. I have dark hair, olive/fair skin, and brown eyes (boring- I know!). I have some acne scars that I'm trying to get rid of, too but over all I think I'm alright... Exept for one big problem. I have a birthmark. It's not just any birthmark, however. It's pretty big. It takes up the left side of my forehead, and it makes the shape of my eye a lot different from my right eye. It droops, and my skin is a little thicker where my eyebrow is. (I have a thick eyebrow on my right side, but it's sparse on my birthmark side). My skin is light pink and splotchy. its not super scary or anything too extreme, however it isn't pretty. Because of this, I have low self-esteem. Guys don't usually talk to me much, and I know a lot make fun of me behind my back, even the guys I had crushes on. The only people who have made fun of me and been really mean to my face were actually girls. Anyway, I'll just skip right to the point. I've never had a boyfriend. None of the guys I've liked ever like me back. And I really have no place to judge people on their looks, but the two guys who have ever liked me I wasn't ever attracted to. My question is, would a guy ever date someone different like me? I Try to be confident, but years of facing middle and high school boys have made me shy infront of them. I'm trying to "fake it 'till I make it." Also, is it would a guy ever like me romantically? I know men are very visual, so I kind of feel really hopeless. One guy told me that one day, I'll probably get married to a guy who loves me as a friend, but will cheat on me because I'm not pretty enough- my biggest fear. Either way- I'd really appreciate some feedback. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Would I date a girl with a facial birthmark? I would if we're compatible human beings. Just like I'd date a girl with glasses, facial scarring, acne scars, acne or freckles. That's probably one of the most outrageously superficial things that I've ever heard and the only consolation that I can offer you is that boys aren't very emotionally or socially mature at your age. They're afraid to ruin their social standing by associating with someone that's unconventional. If you're pretty, then you're pretty a birthmark isn't going to change that and there probably are boys that are attracted to you, they're just too scared to act on it because they're still programmed to follow the herd mentality and seek acceptance. Just be strong for a few more years, until they mature enough to value independence and not conformity. You may just realize that you're a catch.

• I understand what you mean about guys not being mature at my age. I guess it's just the face that I feel like I'll never find the perfect guy for me that is super scary. I've heard that most guys get more mature in college, and I'm trying to be hopeful. It's just difficult. And no, I don't think I'm very pretty, either, anyway, but maybe it's just because I've never felt pretty. But thanks for the comment :)

• Everyone's beautiful in their own way I've turned down "hot" girls for girls that were considered less "pretty", because their personality won me over. I was never one of those guys that went along with everyone else. I know because they used to make fun of me, which was better than when they ignored me. Then in 11th grade they realized that me having the balls to be myself was a good thing and then they all "loved me". You know where those people went after high school? Most of them, nowhere. The peaked in high school.

• And you're welcome! :)

What Guys Said 5

• The guy who told you that was a fool. Birth marks can actually be attractive. Even old filmstars use to add them artificially to make a distinct look.

Everyone is different though and it's not really possible to give an accurate view without a picture (even with just a picture questionable).

Most likely though you don't look ugly at all and you definitely won't have a problem finding the right guy just because of a birth mark. There are many features you describe as attractive, so try not to worry,!

• Thanks for your comment! I am not crazy unnattractive, but having a birthmark is just something that makes me feel so sad. But thanks for your kind words- they made me feel better :)

• Birthmarks really aren't a big deal, I think everybody has one somewhere. it's skin, it can't be perfect.

I have one on the left side of the tip of my nose, it's been getting bigger and bigger, and I might have to get It cosmetically removed, not that I really want to.

but you are still 16, I think that peoples body and face still changes right through to adulthood, I would just stop worrying about it, and when people stop seeing that you get angry about it, they will hopefully stop making remarks. it is your reaction that they are finding the fun in, not the actual birthmark itself.

besides if you use your hair you can probably make some sort of hairstyle that either covers it, or you can show it off so that people know that it's there and you don't care.

• Thanks for your comment. I'm trying to get it removed, and eventually get bangs, though, I agree with you that I wish I didn't have to do it. I guess I don't have to, but living with it can be horrible sometimes. There's so much pressure for girls to be aesthetically beautiful and all that stuff (and I know there are also "standards" for guys). It sucks. But when people are asses about it, I usually try to stick up for myself. I'm actually on the loud/outgoing side (when I'm with friends), and I'll talk right back to someone who is mean and crosses the line. But it does hurt a ton. Anyway, I hope all goes well with your birthmark situation. :) you're a really nice person and thanks for the comment!

• thanks! I try to be nice, but there are some people on this site, not you of course, who could easily flip that around.

• Like to think there is someone for everyone.

• I would date a girl with a birth mark on her face. It wouldn't matter it's the personalitly that make a girl beautiful you sound like an amazing girl looks are not everything. It's how you treat them anyways there are plenty of guys that would maybe you just need to talk to a guy outside your comfort zone you may be surprise in what you find

• I had the same problem for awhile too. I have a cleft lip and although it isn't as serious as some but it still is noticeable. I have had many crushes too. Some liked me back and some didn't. No one should not "like" you just because of a facial feature. You were born with it and can't do really do anything about it. Don't worry about people not liking you cuz if someone really likes you then they willike you for who you are. I honestly have like girls that weren't "attractive" to other people so domt loose hope on someone liking you back. If they like your personality and who you really are then that is what you should be happy for when it comes. And it will =)

• You honestly seem like a really great guy :) thanks so much for your comment. It give me more hope to know that there are guys like you who aren't super looks-oriented when it comes to dating (even though it still plays a part in being over all into someone). :)

What Girls Said 2

• You sound really cute and unique and like you have a wonderful personality! You could definitely get a guy. I mean I feel like guys hook up with the slutty hot girls but look for serious relationships with the girls like you. I think you're going to find a sweet, cute, and genuine guy. Also, I've never had a boyfriend either. I don't think it really means anything.

• Wow! Thanks for your comment and compliments. You don't even know me, yet you're honestly so gosh darn nice! :) you made me feel a lot better. Thanks!

• I have a big on my neck didn't stop my boyfriend from wanting to date me. I used to be really insecure about mine but I just forgot about it, sometimes I forget it's there now XD