Is he stringing me along? Why?

I am pretty inexperienced in dating. So if I seem clueless... I am, don't judge.

Ok so this guy and I have been friends for about 5 years. Not like best friends, but pretty good friends. Well, once we ended up getting drunk and having amazing sex several times in one night. For a couple of months he acted like he wanted to be in a relationship with me. It was great. Then, he just kinda fell out of contact. It was basically overnight. One week, he calls or texts every day and wants to spend time with me, the next it's like nothing happened between us. At first I didn't think much of it. It's been a couple of months and he hasn't gotten less weird., And although he never spends time with me, he still kisses me full on the mouth every once in a while. We haven't had sex in like two months, so it's not like that's what he's using me for. He'll say things like, "I'll call you later." And then of course never does. Or he'll make plans with me and blow me off.

Is he just trying to keep me on the back burner so to speak, for his own convenience? Do some guys just get a thrill out of toying with girls' emotions? I just don't get it.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes you are his girl on a string. Time to move on. I am sorry.

• I mean I get that... but why? What does he gain from this?

• A fall back if nothing works out. So yes he is an ass. Yes it is not fair. Yes some guys do this.

I am sorry it happened to you. You are probably never going to get the answer you want... he is never going to tell you why. So strike it up to the fact that he is just not a nice guy.

What Girls Said 0