Too romantic or cheesy/corny guys turn me off? does any girl feel the same?

I don't like it ( hate it) if a guy calls me princess or my love excessively. I used to break up with a guy because he called me my love everyday. another one recently I was seeing he was nice and everything but I had to stop seeing him because he was too cheesy. he would call me "my princess", "my pretty", "my beautiful" everyday, he even wrote me a love story where Im the princess in there and he's the common guy and we fell in love etc. he was very sweet but also very corny... I feel bad breaking up with him but I just couldn't stand it anymore.
don't get me wrong im not into the bad boy types who treat women like dirt either, but I'd like someone more subtle. I've asked my friends around me and they said it's fine for them like they like it if a guy calls them those names and acts sweet and romantic. they even suggested that I have psychological problem since I broke up with guys just because of that.
what do you think? are any girls here the same or am I really a weirdo? thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the guy did take time out his day to over obsessed over you, the guy did thought about way more your friends, the guy did go out of his way for you... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand you dumped them... Yes it's creepy, yes it's overly done, aaaaaaaaaaaaand yes it can get rather dull cause you snap your fibers and come to you like a dog calling it master. Nooooooooooow we have s problem. The problem is... You attract nice guys.. Dan dandan daaaaah!! So the solution is to lay ground rules before dating. Hang out and lay it flag out, be more understanding, and more open, guys can't read minds and woman like surprises, but surprisingly enough not many guys knows how really treat a lady, me I ask what the fuck you like then near s special event you'll get it, I'll ask what your favorite talent? Well practice together how get good at it and more. It's the way they were raised. Ya can't blame them, but again, be flat out blunt, be open, and understanding to next guy your gonna date, which iiiiiiiiiis me. Joke!

What Guys Said 4

• Well i think it scares you away because of they being clingy... You like to have some space... but you are 25 or whatever and you really need to grow up cause you are not communicating with them at all which is a vital part of any relationship...
    I can tell you that if you tell them what you dont like they will change it... but not even giving them any chance to know what was wrong is very immature... And trust me only you are at loss here causes these guys will get some girl who will be a better communicator...

• Why don't you just tell them you don't like it instead of breaking up with them... its easier to change a good cheesy guy than a bad boy (which a lot of women try to do lol)

• It very normal, don't worry about it! I'm a big believer of give-and-take anyway.

• It doesn't make them a bad guy though if they do that.

What Girls Said 5

• Ummmm communication... communication if you don't like something say you don't like it but at least you appreciated it but that was sort of a bad reason to break up but not my call, just yours. I'd adore if a guy was like that sure it can be excessive but if it is then say something about it next time :)

• YE omg -.- can't stand it. clingyness is a huge turn off.

• I feel the same, I dated a guy but he was too clingy and was really cheesy and was really sweet but also over used words like the second we got together he said he loved me and has and always will. He would talk about how he is so happy and how he loves me but it seemed like that was all we talked about and I realized I didn't like him because I would ignore his text and talk to my friends instead and be more thrilled to speak to them.

• you are not alone! i don't like guys that are to cheesy/corny
    it does turn me off too

• Yeah im the same way, very annoying to me too. Dont feel bad.