Why am I so depressed?

i don't feel like im excited to live life anymore.. im depressed and i can't get out of bed and literally drag myself out, i can't seem to find joy in anything anymore... it has bene like this for the past 10 years now, it started when i was 12 and i had to wear a back brace for my back for the next 5 years... i became a zombie literally an after that incident that feeling never went away. I go to school have a job but i push people away , inever had a bf and im 22, im just depressed,,,, maybe i should leabe my hometown and be on my own because everything reminds me of the past

Most Helpful Guy

• Often our depression is exacerbated by having too much time to dwell on the things that bother us instead of focusing on ways to move past them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Did you notice the subtle feeling of discomfort that came up inside you when you read the latter part of that sentence? It's because your brain doesn't want to move past it. It almost takes a kind of sadistic pleasure in being miserable all the time. Finding ways to make yourself feel better is out of your comfort zone, but sustained effort over time will shift your comfort zone into something better. For me, I was constantly dwelling on the fact that I was almost 30 years old and still hadn't done anything productive with my life as far as seeking a career or found people who shared my interests with the same level of intellectual depth that I was yearning for. I found that it wasn't so much that I just wanted to be left alone, but that I wasn't satisfied with run-of-the-mill small talk about football, UFC, lifting weights, or popular culture.

What Guys Said 5

• How long has this been going on. A few days especially after a depressing event this is normal, but if it continues, even with things that you used to find joy in, it may be a case of clinical depression. If it continues or gets worse and you can't find joy in anything you should consider talking to a professional. I know that can be stigmatizing but if you do have a diagnosable MEDICAL condition, only they can help with it.

I hope you feel better and if you don't I hope you consider talking to a professional.

• Oh come.. Get over it...
    If u have life you should live it too your fullest.. Having or not a bf dosent matter... You should have frnds.. Talk to people here.. Free yourself of this shit feelings...

• Hi you should text me

• What would you found exciteing?

• the word "depression" is way way WAY much more than giving up on life, hating it or hating people.

What Girls Said 0