Is education level important?

Would you marry a guy who has less academic education than you? If so how much? Is that important?

• education level is important
  • I don't care about his education

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that being intelligent is important. I know a lot of guys who are intelligent without a college degree. I also know guys with a master's degree who are not.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, because people can have amazing social skills but and even have tons of knowledge but not be 'paper smart' according to test results.

That's why I hate tests haha.
    As long as they could have smart and interesting conversations :)

• I guess if you find a guy without a degree who is doing better than a guy with a degree you can say he was intelligent enough to no finish his education. Otherwise was just dumb If it w as his own decision.

• I like to have smart conversations with people, if the person i'd be dating had good GSCEs and nothing else, i'd be okay with that, but if he couldn't get any/many GSCEs, I don't think i'd be able to do that

• My boss was a college dropout. And we have some of the most amazing conversations. she's very smart and sociable. So you don't need all those degrees to prove that you are smart or need it to have a decent/intellectual conversation.

• No, I wouldn't care as long as he's smart and successful now. Some of the most successful people in the world never even finished high school- let alone college.

• I have a bachelor's degree and married a guy who stopped after year 11 (our education system goes to year 12 then university). I'm now doing a masters. The only problem has been that the guy can be intimidated by the girls education level but for me, I dont care - guys never used to understand I just need someone who takes good care of my emotional needs and to enjoy life with.

• I guess it all depends on what you want the guy for.

• Yes :-) It is amazing that a lot of guys seem to think women just want the financial security. I make my own money so it is less important to me. But I can hug and kiss myself too well, I can't make myself feel desired and needed, I can't discuss my problems with myself and offer myself a fresh perspective, I find it hard to pick my emotions up on my own when I feel down, and a shared laugh is the best kind.

What Guys Said 7

• Dude, I'm very well educated, but am doing mediocre in life financially. My other buddy tho just passed high school then found a job and is doing so well. I can hold a convo better than him but he can buy his girl the latest Audi. guess who gets the most girls?

• Him? lol... that's sad

• What job is he doing?

• His love for friggin cars (I hate that shit, we best friends but im artistic and he is a car freak, totally unrelated): He owns a car service center and also runs a car performance shop. He is so good at making cars go faster, he has been requested on numerous times to help fix small planes to make them faster on take off. I told him to approach red bull or something for a loan to build the worlds fastest something... seriously, I think he could do it. So yeah, passion 1, education 0.

• Being educated is a must for me, but you don't need a college degree in order to be educated.

• from a guy's pov I would.

• I think for us as men it is not really important

• i guess some basic education... yeah.

academic is too much!

• I dont have a degree and I'm more successful than my friend who has a master. and I also know people with bachelors who are more successful than me. I also know people who literally don't know how to write or read but are amazing business men/ women. it's all relative

• Intelligence is more important to me than formal education.

• sounds like it unfortuneately